This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Tutorials Discussions, Tips and Guidance > General Chat / Q+A

General Chat / Q+A Post your questions regarding Subscription, tutorials, etc.

Old 11-12-2007   #1
brooklotzkar

Default Animating Live Footage...

Hello, I was wondering if their is a cost-effective and relatively easy method to animate a real life human. Specifically, I want to film a human, but animate his actions (mostly so he can do advanced and complex dance moves) and most of the joints in his body. I doubt I can do this in Maya, and in that case, do you know what materials are required in order to begin this project, and what computer program is the most effective as well?

Thanks,
Brook
brooklotzkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007   #2
brooklotzkar

I need some help lol. Any comments are greatly appreciated.
brooklotzkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007   #3
AlexanderH

Default Premiere?

I don't know of any software meant to do what you have explained. While I'm sure there are programs that can do elements the only thing I think might work is using a video editing program, and taking what you've filmed and cutting it together.

I'd think it to be physically impossible to "animate" real life unless you had every possible movement and position filmed and then applied it as a texture to a model. But then you might as well just film what you want to do.

I hope that helps.
AlexanderH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007   #4
yy17616422

Talking

〖^o^〗^o^ 〖^o^〗
Fate-Stay Night
Rurouni Kenshin
yy17616422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008   #5
bacathey

The new After Effects has a puppet rig that could work for some simple stuff, but if you want to do "complex" animations you're out of luck. Sounds like you need a digital double...and Maya can do that...not easily. But, is anything really good easy to do?
Good luck!
bacathey is offline   Reply With Quote