This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Tutorials Discussions, Tips and Guidance > General Chat / Q+A

General Chat / Q+A Post your questions regarding Subscription, tutorials, etc.

Old 06-02-2010   #1
Survivor_Guilt

Default Character Modeling for beginners?

I am quite new to the modeling world. I'm currently going to school for game art and design and just finished an intro to 3ds max course. I'm looking to get the ball rolling with character modeling. I've watched a handful of gnomon dvds through my subscription and I can't seem to find any tutorials that start from the very beginning stages. Everything is a little too advanced for me. After reading Edgeloop Character Modeling , I understand the importance of clean topology for the rigging process and I'm hoping somebody can point me in direction of a dvd that provides this instruction. Thank you.
Survivor_Guilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010   #2
Ventrik

If you already have the basics down on how to use 3DS Max, then following guides for similar programs will work work just fine. For Maya there is a simple Body Modeling and Head Modeling for games. Aside from the UI, it's very doable.
Ventrik is offline   Reply With Quote