This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Tutorials Discussions, Tips and Guidance > Work-in-Progress (WIPs)

Work-in-Progress (WIPs) Working on your submission for the monthly contests and want to share your progress/process and get some feedback? This is the place to do it.

Old 03-07-2011   #1
lanesconcepts

Awards Showcase

Default WIP: Lost at Sea (maquette 2)

Alright folks, welcome to another episode of Lanes Maquettes. Here is what I am aiming for with my maquette for the March '11 3d challenge "Lost at Sea". I have the next two days off work, so I am going to be able to start the sculpt much sooner then last time. Keep an eye out for wip updates and a gallery of images similar to the last challenge. - Lane (Also, I love feedback on these things, so please, be as brutal as you see fit.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mouse.jpg (136.4 KB, 506 views)
lanesconcepts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011   #2
rocneasta

Awards Showcase

looks and feels really nice - would be amazing if you could incorporate some cool small props
rocneasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011   #3
lanesconcepts

Awards Showcase

That's the plan As I go along I tend to look around and see what I can scrounge for props and stuff.. like the stool in my candle maquette, was a furniture caster I found in my closet. We'll see what comes out of the woodwork this time.. I am also hoping to incorporate a digital background into this one.. Since I am unable to do actual 3d programming like maya and such. Figure I can hodge podge a matte background and mock green screen in the maquette somehow.. we'll see how it works as it gets near the end.
Old 03-07-2011   #4
HaYaTo

Awards Showcase

Thumbs up

Sir, do you want to float that thing around the water?

I do agree with the use of green screen, alongside with after effect techniques. Wish I could help you with my skills if we are on the same country. I'm currently doing a stop motion using 3D & after effect with a touch of REAL THING like yours.

[I]and that's the way this signature born...[/I]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
HaYaTo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011   #5
lanesconcepts

Awards Showcase

Nice.. Can't wait to see how it turns out Hayato! I'm hoping this one can out do my last one. The bucket portion is already coming together.. figure I will start the character portion after I have that figured out.
Old 03-08-2011   #6
Pharion

Awards Showcase

Very nice, I cant wait to see it
Old 03-11-2011   #7
lanesconcepts

Awards Showcase

Default Slight delay

Sorry for the slow progress everyone.. work has been putting the screws to me the past few days, along with the joys of spending days in line at the dmv, a bought of the flu, and the worst allergy issues i've had in a long time.. I am making very slow progress on my new maquette. But I will prevail and bring new pictures as soon as I make noteworthy progress. - Lane
Old 03-14-2011   #8
lanesconcepts

Awards Showcase

Default New pictures!

Alright.. I have today off, and a short shift tomorrow.. so I will be putting some serious work time into the maquette in the next few days.. But as for now, I finished the basic frame for the bucket/barrel/boat for the scene. I won't be finishing the assembly on it until after I bake it this time because I want to stain the wood, and that would be a bit difficult with the sail and everything in place. But here are some pics of the ships creation. I am working on the mouses armature right now, so expect to see a bunch of pictures of the sculpt by tomorrow morning. - Lane
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0108[1].jpg (71.3 KB, 429 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0111[1].jpg (76.9 KB, 397 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0112.jpg (133.5 KB, 398 views)
Old 03-15-2011   #9
rocneasta

Awards Showcase

love the way you aged the planks to make them feel more real than machine made
rocneasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011   #10
lanesconcepts

Awards Showcase

Thankyou Roc! It didn't take much.. the balsa is so light I did most of it by just pressing down with my finger nail heh. I was expecting to get more sculpting in today.. but i've spent most my day cooking.. so.. I haven't done much besides building the wire armature. I'll probably get the armature foiled and at least a base layer of sculpey done tonight.. but I still have to finish making dinner.. so that'll probably be it.

Last edited by lanesconcepts; 03-16-2011 at 18:15 PM.