This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Image Challenge > 3D images

3D images Add your best 3D images: Maya, Max, Zbrush, etc

Old 07-31-2012   #61
Sith Lord

Default Theme

Hi there,

the current themed competitions are Forest Path and Goblin?

Just need to clarify, thanks!
Sith Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012   #62
Laromus

Awards Showcase

Default Multiple different scenes?

Hey Alex,

Sorry if someone already asked this and I just wanted to make sure so I don't get disqualified from the contest but am I able to post multiple scenes. I want to do a 2nd scene that is more stereotypical/ traditional haunted house.
Laromus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012   #63
RDeWeese

Awards Showcase

From post #13 in this thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Alvarez View Post
Hello.

I would prefer just one or two images... yes, you can always edit your posts to swap the images before the deadline.

-Alex
RDeWeese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013   #64
carlos333

Hello everyone this is my first post, was wondering if in the 3d contest the entries need to be original, or can I use reference from another artist and focus more on the execution of the piece?

For example, recreating a mech-design by Feng Zhu in 3d. Would this affect my chances or is it acceptable?
carlos333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013   #65
carlos333

Okay so now is maybe a little late for me to participate in this months, but would someone please be kind and answer my question, thank you in advance

"Hello everyone this is my first post, was wondering if in the 3d contest the entries need to be original, or can I use reference from another artist and focus more on the execution of the piece?

For example, recreating a mech-design by Feng Zhu in 3d. Would this affect my chances or is it acceptable? "

Last edited by carlos333; 05-23-2013 at 01:35 AM. Reason: do not want a title
carlos333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013   #66
Nissen

Default Hope it helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos333 View Post
Okay so now is maybe a little late for me to participate in this months, but would someone please be kind and answer my question, thank you in advance

"Hello everyone this is my first post, was wondering if in the 3d contest the entries need to be original, or can I use reference from another artist and focus more on the execution of the piece?

For example, recreating a mech-design by Feng Zhu in 3d. Would this affect my chances or is it acceptable? "
RULES:

Q. What criteria are used to pick the winner?
Well, this should not be seen as some sort of brutal competition. We love to see new artists emerge, and this seemed as a good way to give artists exposure, while rewarded them for their talents. The winners will be based on our judge's personal criteria.
Q. Isn't it unfair that the people who need the DVDs the most are at the biggest disadvantage in this contest?
Not true... ”we often award prizes to people whose CONCEPTS or IDEAS are excellent, regardless of technical execution”. While first place tends to bias to a combination of concept AND technical merit, we often choose winners who show POTENTIAL.

Look at the line with “----”

So what that means is, the chances of winning are very slim if u chose to not be original.

And instead of making a complete copy, why not let the work of Feng influence you? So use his basic concept, but make something new from it?

Being original, is not always to make something new from scratch, but building on others ideas too.

I wish you the best of luck:-)

Last edited by Nissen; 05-23-2013 at 05:59 AM. Reason: text
Nissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013   #67
rafaelSorel

Default DBZ Goku

Hi guys,

I wanted to share with you my latest work, this was done using Zbrush+Maya for modeling process,
UVLayout for Uving, Zbrush for detailing and texturing, and finaly Zbrush BPR rendering+photoshop as compositing and post production. Hope you like it.

Thx
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	nizaraloui-sangoku.jpg
Views:	333
Size:	123.8 KB
ID:	8682  
rafaelSorel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013   #68
cibravo

Default Original concepts

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos333 View Post

Hi Carlos333

You can use any design online as long as they permit it and you have to credit them for it. Of course an original design is more desirable and also gives added chance of winning. They also take into consideration the actual concept/design and not only the final image. Say you are strong in concepting but new at modeling, then posting the concept could work in your favour. If you used an online concept only the final image would be judged.
cibravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013   #69
FantasyLezine

Default Battle Imp

I created this creature I call Battle Imp by fooling around with Sculptris Alpha 6. It was pretty hard to do, and frustrating. I hope everyone likes the effort I made in trying to make this monster look really bizarre. I usually prefer doing hard surface modeling using Maya, so I only made this guy to get out of my comfort zone.
FantasyLezine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014   #70
BrunoMods

Awards Showcase

Question :confused: :confused: :confused:

Can anyone help me out? I won second place, but I have NO idea on how to get the DVD's. I tried to go get some. It says my account doesn't exist. I just need a little help on how to get the DVD's. Thanks for anyone that helps me ahead of time!

My question was answered

Last edited by BrunoMods; 02-04-2014 at 18:01 PM.
BrunoMods is offline   Reply With Quote