This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Tutorials Discussions, Tips and Guidance > Work-in-Progress (WIPs)

Work-in-Progress (WIPs) Working on your submission for the monthly contests and want to share your progress/process and get some feedback? This is the place to do it.

Old 02-24-2013   #1
lanesconcepts

Awards Showcase

Default "Ruby" Maquette - Roosterteeths "RWBY"

If any of you are fans of what the folks over at Roosterteeth have been doing for the past decade, which I am a massive fan of. then you may know that they have recently started production on a new animation series titled RWBY. Rwby, which refers to the 4 primary female noted by their color palettes red,white, black, and yellow, is a beautiful new take on animation by head RT animator Monty Oum (whom i'm also a massive fan of.).

When I started this piece
P they had only released the character trailer for Ruby, an intense wolf slaying rendition of red riding hood. Being the diligant little sculptor I am I decided to have a go at making a little production maquette for her. I snapped a few pictures of it as I went along and despite having a bit of bad luck I think it came out quite nice. Please forgive the photo quality, I seem to have misplaced my camera so cruddy Iphone photos will have to do until I can unpack some boxes and find my good camera.

Please take a look at the rest of my work, and of course check out the stuff the folks at Roosterteeth are working on, including the trailer for the second character Wiess (white). http://laneconcepts.blogspot.com/?m=1. @lanesartshop
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ruby_Rwby_Lane.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	8089   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0055[1].jpg
Views:	264
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	8090   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0042[1].jpg
Views:	261
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	8091   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0039[1].jpg
Views:	271
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	8092   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0030[1].jpg
Views:	266
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	8093  

Last edited by lanesconcepts; 02-25-2013 at 13:33 PM.
lanesconcepts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013   #2
silkroadgame

Location: Room 801, Building A, Ying Da Li Tech Digital Park, Fu Tian free trade zone, Shenzhen, china

good start,progress is detailed.
silkroadgame is offline   Reply With Quote