This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Tutorials Discussions, Tips and Guidance > Portfolio Review

Portfolio Review Share your work for constructive criticism from us and the community

Old 01-07-2011   #11
MAKS-23

Awards Showcase

Default Some of the new stuff

This is some of the new stuff that Ive finished up not quite happy with my environment sketches always coming out over saturated

Last edited by MAKS-23; 01-08-2011 at 10:54 AM.
MAKS-23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011   #12
MAKS-23

Awards Showcase

Old 01-11-2011   #13
HaYaTo

Awards Showcase

Exclamation Attention.

Man, you're doing great at vehicles or mechanical stuff. May I ask is that your primary feature/skill? No offense here; but I can assure you, you have to sketch some people more and do the traditional shading. What I'm talking about, you are lack of figure drawings. That's why your concept sometimes over-saturated but that's not a matter in hand (we might use curves or adjustment layers to override the saturated colors) but NOT in the shading techniques, rite? You'll see the Master; Feng or ScoRo (Scott Robertson) always working with additional pen or pencil first than shading inside or outside photoshop with monochromatic approach. That's the basic of color theory or some people say shaping or form or whatever you want to say.

Best regards, man. I'd love to see your works! Awesome!!

You've been inspiring me to share my mecha more!

[I]and that's the way this signature born...[/I]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
HaYaTo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011   #14
MAKS-23

Awards Showcase

Default Thx

No offense taken , its nice to hear from someone that shows interest , yea I do struggle at human drawing so im starting to practice more anatomy drawing , yes I have to do alot more shading drawing just work on how to light something as I know all the techniques but just gotta get down to doing it lol .

Well I normally do a grey scale image image and then do a color layer for the colors but my colors at the moment I feel come out too kiddish and I hate it doesnt look natural to me , Im trying out one technique which is using a photo reference to get all the value and pallete.

Hmm didnt get what u mean by the what my skill/feature

I love to see some of ur mecha stuff and glad that Im inspiring some , Love robot designs

Thanks again not many people leave comments on here
Old 01-11-2011   #15
Silico

Thumbs up

Don't really have any other critique that's not been given, nice work!
Silico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011   #16
HaYaTo

Awards Showcase

Oh, sorry... I mean, the mechanical stuff of yours is your major or primary debut?

You know, let's say; I'm skillful at traditional painting and digital painting but less at traditional sculpting, because doing a sculpt wasn't my featured skill.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 01-12-2011   #17
MAKS-23

Awards Showcase

@ Hayato well i would like to say I have a knack for doing vehicle stuff and some bit of environments people not at all for the moment , I want to get them all to a decent level at least course cant say u just do one thing and not the other in this field . Something I need to work on is my concept art course I enjoy that i just need to be able to draw out the things as what i see in my head if that makes sense

@ Silico thanks this is all for my final year animation that i got about 1 year left now to finsh off still got 2 scenes and 5 characters to model and texture and rig along with the vehicles here
Old 01-12-2011   #18
MAKS-23

Awards Showcase

Default Last one

This is the last vehicle going to rework the scenes ive done at the moment

Old 01-12-2011   #19
HaYaTo

Awards Showcase

Thumbs up

Wow, MAKS! That's a cool one with the reflection going on. I like it, man!

And best wishes to your job out there in Australia. I want to go there to have some job as a creature concept artist or such, but I thought it wasn't possible for me. I didn't find any concept artist places on the internet from inside Australia nor New Zea-land. So I went to Singapore and another Asia country. Taiwan is a good place but damnation with the spoken language. Lol.

I had my students of digital painting that come from Australia, they didn't know such thing with the digital artist worldwide. Is that kind of education doesn't going so well in your country? Sorry for my harsh question, I'm just... you know... kind of interesting to your country.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 01-12-2011   #20
MAKS-23

Awards Showcase

Ah yea its not really a very wide topic entertainment design though im not working yet still a student actually , yea well Im hoping i get a job at the end of this , well with Feng opening his school in Singapore , Asia will definitely increase . Im from Malaysia originally . Yea they dont really teach much on that and I dont think that I know of a place that concerntrates alot of what I've been doing is my own research through here and deviantart youtube stuff like that

Ah its not a harsh question its a true question lol u could say