This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Tutorials Discussions, Tips and Guidance > Portfolio Review

Portfolio Review Share your work for constructive criticism from us and the community

Old 07-10-2008   #1
franky the frog

Awards Showcase

Default first photoshop painting

Hi all, I'm new to this forum ( not some large introduction here on who I am, let's just say I'm franky the frog - no not my real second name - and I'm from belgium, trying to learn and improve on whatever drawing method there is in the world ... I've been on drawspace for over a year now( and yes I started drawing since well one year) and my goal was to create some realism in drawings, I searched and searched to find my favorite medium for drawing and now I'm starting to paint in photoshop, with the aim to become as good as some people here, maybe even join a contest to see if I could win some dvd's so I could learn more ...

Anyway here's my first painting... (from a picture I saw somewere) done in about 5 hours

I've just used about two kinds of brushes, but I was hoping if someone could tell me if there are seperate brushes used to create hair or beards, I've found some brushes to create some clouds, but are there also brushes to create stars, or grass, water,... ??? and say that you have a background in a specific color how can you put that apart so that if you would paint over that and you would erase it again, you see your background and not the white ?( hope that make's sence )

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitledbaby2.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	1514  

Last edited by franky the frog; 07-10-2008 at 16:23 PM.
franky the frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008   #2
Yumiyahachiman

To be honest it looks like you just used that thing to select a color and a brush and just wiped out the colors of the picture a bit to make it look more painty then photo

But i guess you have drawn this from a photo so its nice work.
Yumiyahachiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008   #3
ragav

Default re:to this art

frankly i have to say that this picture looks realistic if u look as a real baby.it looks like an art that is like an exact and concentrated painting.
------------
ragav
ragav is offline   Reply With Quote