This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Tutorials Discussions, Tips and Guidance > Work-in-Progress (WIPs)

Work-in-Progress (WIPs) Working on your submission for the monthly contests and want to share your progress/process and get some feedback? This is the place to do it.

Old 02-28-2015   #1
morganbw

Awards Showcase

Visit morganbw's artstation
Default Wip

Work in progress for Shaman. Had some fun with this one. Going from abstract to pull out an image.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Shaman 2.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	703.8 KB
ID:	9471  
morganbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015   #2
morganbw

Awards Showcase

Last edited by morganbw; 02-28-2015 at 16:00 PM. Reason: needed it
Old 02-28-2015   #3
morganbw

Awards Showcase

Default more

Old 02-28-2015   #4
morganbw

Awards Showcase

Default Final

Hope you enjoyed. Comments are welcome.
Old 03-01-2015   #5
graphicgolem

Awards Showcase

Default Interesting process

Interesting to see your process and great result too! Looks like watercolour and gouache - is it? Don't see much traditional media on sites like this.
[COLOR="SandyBrown"][FONT="Palatino Linotype"]Mind precedes all mental states. Mind is their chief; they are all mind-wrought. If with an impure mind a person speaks or acts suffering follows him like the wheel that follows the foot of the ox.

Mind precedes all mental states. Mind is their chief; they are all mind-wrought. If with a pure mind a person speaks or acts happiness follows him like his never-departing shadow.[/FONT][/COLOR]
graphicgolem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015   #6
morganbw

Awards Showcase

Default Digital

Quote:
Originally Posted by graphicgolem View Post
Interesting to see your process and great result too! Looks like watercolour and gouache - is it? Don't see much traditional media on sites like this.
Thank you for your comment graphicgolem. The only part of the process that wasn't digital was the picture I took of the watercolor spatter in frame 1. I splattered the paint from my daughter's watercolor paint set and blew on it with a straw, then took a picture and painted from there on my WACOM tablet. The texture that makes it feel like watercolor is a technique derived from the Gnomon DVD "Concept Design: From Abstraction to Production
with Aaron Limonick". Very informative. One of my favorites. Highly suggested.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-03-01 at 6.52.22 PM.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	6.7 KB
ID:	9478  
Old 03-02-2015   #7
graphicgolem

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by morganbw View Post
Thank you for your comment graphicgolem. The only part of the process that wasn't digital was the picture I took of the watercolor spatter in frame 1. I splattered the paint from my daughter's watercolor paint set and blew on it with a straw, then took a picture and painted from there on my WACOM tablet. The texture that makes it feel like watercolor is a technique derived from the Gnomon DVD "Concept Design: From Abstraction to Production
with Aaron Limonick". Very informative. One of my favorites. Highly suggested.
Ah yes I remember that tutorial it's a fun way to develop new ideas.
[COLOR="SandyBrown"][FONT="Palatino Linotype"]Mind precedes all mental states. Mind is their chief; they are all mind-wrought. If with an impure mind a person speaks or acts suffering follows him like the wheel that follows the foot of the ox.

Mind precedes all mental states. Mind is their chief; they are all mind-wrought. If with a pure mind a person speaks or acts happiness follows him like his never-departing shadow.[/FONT][/COLOR]
graphicgolem is offline   Reply With Quote