This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Tutorials Discussions, Tips and Guidance > General Chat / Q+A

General Chat / Q+A Post your questions regarding Subscription, tutorials, etc.

Old 01-06-2013   #1
l1tay2

Default Comet Tools and Character Rigging

First Post!

Okay I just purchased The Gnomon Character Rigging DVD by Alex Stanley. I see that he relies on using the comet tools quite alot. I am using Maya 2013 and was wondering if the comet tools were compatible.

Also, Alex mentioned there was a bug in the CometSaveWeights mel and said it could be found on the disc, where is this located? I cant find it anywhere.

Thanks in advance for any advice on this!

- Les
l1tay2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013   #2
kjones3d

I spent a decent amount of time finding the all the answers for this. I got all the comet tools working and it's pretty easy.

I'm attaching a .zip with the newest version of the Comet tools and some instructions on how to get them working in newer versions of Maya.

Now I have a question of my own. I too am going through the Character Rigging DVD and my storeRigPose isn't working. It gives the error: Error: line 1: Cannot find procedure "storeRigPose". // when I click on the button on the shelf.

Any ideas for why this isn't working?
Attached Files
File Type: zip Comet Tools.zip (85.0 KB, 352 views)
kjones3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013   #3
soulismissing

Default same issue

tried your fix , it didnt work either , and I cant get the gnomonrigging shelf to work either. followed the dvd instructions, nothing...cant find procedure. I am using maya 2013 too.
soulismissing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013   #4
tharmine

Same problem here.

Still using Maya 2012 but neither the Comet tools or the Gnomon rig shelf are working.
Very annoying as he is using these tools in the tutorial and without them I can't carry on...
tharmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014   #5
BldRnr

Default cometskinweights fix

I am following along with the video "Character Rigging Production Practices and Techniques"

In chapter six the instructor says there is a fixed script for the skin weights mel.

However in my download there is no script.

Can you please advise as to where this corrected script can be found????
BldRnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014   #6
chadparkers35

Smile Never Give Up Philippines

Never Give Up PH

The “Never Give Up Philippines” Project exists to help the victims of Typhoon Haiyan. It exists to show the people of the Philippines that the world is watching and supporting, and will help raise money through one of the biggest Music and Social Media movements the world has ever worked towards.

Never Give Up PH
chadparkers35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017   #7
msulliv2

Default same

Quote:
Originally Posted by BldRnr View Post
I am following along with the video "Character Rigging Production Practices and Techniques"

In chapter six the instructor says there is a fixed script for the skin weights mel.

However in my download there is no script.

Can you please advise as to where this corrected script can be found????

I am having the same issue. Can not find skinweights.ma
please help!
msulliv2 is offline   Reply With Quote