This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Image Challenge > 3D images

3D images Add your best 3D images: Maya, Max, Zbrush, etc

Old 09-04-2018   #1
The Gnomon Workshop
Admin

Visit The Gnomon Workshop's Facebook Visit The Gnomon Workshop's Twitter Visit The Gnomon Workshop's YouTube Visit The Gnomon Workshop's artstation
Default Fall 2018: Abandoned Auction House

[SIZE="3"]In a town where numerous auctions and sales have thrived for years has now come to a stop. In this time of industrial decay, your challenge is to create an Abandoned Auction House that was originally frequented by many daily bidders. Now will this Auction House be empty & worn, preserved & historic, or still filled with amazing pre-owned finds? The choice is yours!

Winners announced!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg fall2018_winners3D.jpg (262.5 KB, 540 views)

Last edited by gnomon_admin; 01-02-2019 at 14:48 PM.
The Gnomon Workshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018   #2
saintarnab

Awards Showcase

Smile Lost Treasures

When I first read about the challenge, I was excited as this would be the first time I'll be doing a proper interior render. My idea was to show an abandoned auction house display hall where there are still a few high-value objects remain. Years have passed since the nuclear leak accident which caused this place and town to be abandoned. Now a team of treasure hunters have deployed near the site and are using their highly advanced "Treasure Finder" made by "Arnstek Industries" for this very specific job to find the lost artefacts. Due to Nuclear fallout, the human team members cannot take the risk and are therefore sending the AI controlled robots. In the image, you can see one of the robots scanning an artefact. While it may seem that they are simple treasure hunters but the rumour is that they are after a precious artefact which is present in this Auction House. It is rumoured that the Nuclear leak was a planned action taken to protect this artefact and keep every living organism away from it. To think that someone would go as far as causing a nuclear fallout just to protect an artefact tells you about the value of it. Will they find it? .........

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Auction-houseForGnomon.jpg (68.4 KB, 621 views)
File Type: jpg FinalClayforGnomon.jpg (82.3 KB, 597 views)

Last edited by saintarnab; 12-29-2018 at 03:20 AM. Reason: Adding the image directly to my message and adding the clay render.
saintarnab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018   #3
ritchie.o

Awards Showcase

Visit ritchie.o's Twitter Visit ritchie.o's LinkedIn
Default A Dark Chapter in History

Hello!
My abandoned auction house is an auction house museum of human bondage. It took me a long time to come up with this visualization of a very sensitive and heartbreaking subject. I don't really know what else to say . I really hope that it doesn't offend anyone but this is part of my family's history and it is truth. Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg auctionhouse.jpg (125.7 KB, 613 views)

Last edited by ritchie.o; 12-28-2018 at 13:21 PM.
ritchie.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018   #4
DexX7

Awards Showcase

Default Everything ends and It's time to move on

Since I have read about this challenge I knew that I want to participate and here we are three months later. I wanted to create an old auction house that is going to be closed and everything has to be moved out.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg export1.jpg (275.0 KB, 572 views)
File Type: jpg export2.jpg (329.6 KB, 573 views)
File Type: jpg export3.jpg (308.7 KB, 573 views)
DexX7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019   #5
LodenMF

Awards Showcase

Default Bulk Auction House

This auction house bought items in bulk and would sell them to other businesses and individuals on the weekends. It was established in the 1950's and was fairly well kept by its owner.
He kept it full on stock to remember the days when it was flourishing.
On the right side of the building is antique items which sell every month.

I had a blast making this project and learned a ton mainly about texturing and lighting.
Thank you for viewing my piece if you have any critiques feel free to message me!

Name:  Bulk Auction House.jpg
Views: 472
Size:  410.2 KB

Name:  Bulk Auction House 2.jpg
Views: 533
Size:  427.2 KB

Name:  Bulk Auction House 3.jpg
Views: 523
Size:  456.4 KB

Last edited by LodenMF; 01-01-2019 at 00:59 AM.
LodenMF is offline   Reply With Quote