This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Image Challenge > 3D images

3D images Add your best 3D images: Maya, Max, Zbrush, etc

Old 04-24-2007   #21
Brownie3703

Awards Showcase

Reply to firankedul. Thank you for the input I am going to see what I can do to make them look a bit more smooth. I must say the color on your image is really great at setting a mood. If you wanted any advice from me I would say maybe just add a color to somthing else that contrasts the rest like a bright red or somthing.

Last edited by Brownie3703; 04-24-2007 at 12:21 PM. Reason: forgot somthing
Brownie3703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007   #22
Satish B

Default Satish B

Hi Mr. Alex Alvarez ,

This is my first message. I have been enjoying the tutorials and tips on gnomon for over a year now. It is wonderful. Will post my works soon.
Satish B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007   #23
Wicked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked View Post
My goal isn't winning (to less skills in 3d) I like to do some stuff about this theme because its a nice theme

Something I already started:

I rechanged it and now with the normale version of maya at school, if I get some extra time I go change some lights and texture but until now this is what I got
This is a scientific / alchemical lair in the future where "Big Worms" making experience on human beens and controlling the "Universe"

Last edited by Wicked; 04-25-2007 at 09:46 AM.
Wicked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007   #24
hhny_flashguy

Default New guy

I work as a Flash Developer for an ad agency and started learning Maya 2 months ago to put together some pitches for some clients. Gnomon Workshop has been my greatest resource! I look forward to being a part of this community... I've seen a lot of fantastic work here!

I was going to try to get into last month's contest, but I decided to wait for something a bit less organic. I'm very excited about this month's topic and have been spending way too much time on it, but I'm learning so much too!

Good luck to you all and congrats to last month's winners!

Flashguy
hhny_flashguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007   #25
Brownie3703

Awards Showcase

Quote:
I rechanged it and now with the normale version of maya at school, if I get some extra time I go change some lights and texture but until now this is what I got
This is a scientific / alchemical lair in the future where "Big Worms" making experience on human beens and controlling the "Universe"
Can you import Maya PLE scenes into a full version Maya and have the same scene without the mask?

And also I really like your human head experiment. Its funny.
Old 04-25-2007   #26
Wicked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownie3703 View Post
Can you import Maya PLE scenes into a full version Maya and have the same scene without the mask?

And also I really like your human head experiment. Its funny.
Hey Brownie, First I want to say nice job you posted before how did you do that blue graphic lighting ? looks really cool

Second about the PLE (maya learning edition) you can't export it into a full version of maya, only full version of maya to PLE works...I know its kinda "stupid" I spended a hole vacation once on a project under PLE and only found out after at school I coun't upload it in the full maya version. I don't really understand what you mean with the mask, I hope I helped you with this reply.

Wicked.
Wicked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007   #27
Pharion

Awards Showcase

OK I've changed my design, it's always annoying when someone turns up in the same dress and makes it look better.... MY GOD I'M A GIRL

OK here it is "Ready the second probe!"

Last edited by Pharion; 04-26-2007 at 05:54 AM.
Pharion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007   #28
Brownie3703

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Hey Brownie, First I want to say nice job you posted before how did you do that blue graphic lighting ? looks really cool
Thanks, I made some changes to a few things and I will post them later today. Just wish I had photoshop. LOL. All I did for the blue thing was use the glow technique used in the blobby surfaces tutorial on this website.
Old 04-25-2007   #29
Oracle

Default April 2007: Research Lair

Time: Present Day
Scene: Gateway to Alchemist Lair. Traditional and current signs together with portends - 3X(Owls - Messenger of the Muses, Famillians - cat, Ravens / Crows - Forewarners, Spiders - Inventor of Written Language, Bats - Blood Sacrifice); the Taro is included in the astral background. The "Lab-Rat" is also represented. Victory over death - the skull. The Alchemist and his Lab Assistants can be discerned in the cosmos.

Todays society: Useless: Fat, Age (gray hair), wrinkles, baldness, ugliness. The Alchemist - Plastic Surgeons. Elixir of Life (Fountain of Youth) - Plastic Surgery, hair dye, liposuction, body sculpting, breast/penile implants. alchemical magical process - turn something useless (flat, flabby, fat, jiggly, wrinkled, gray/bald haired, dulled dyed) into something valuable - Clinic Fees. Alchemist Scientific Lair: "Elixir of Life Plastic Surgery and Liposuction Clinic".

Located in a secluded natural aesthetic setting, the gates are opening . . .

Last edited by Oracle; 04-30-2007 at 23:45 PM.
Oracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007   #30
Rasclatt

Default The Stump, Research Lair

Pretty much complete but may do some more detailing on items in the scene. For any who are interested, I built this in Maya with minor tuning in Photoshop.
Great submissions folks!

Thanks.

Last edited by Rasclatt; 04-30-2007 at 11:05 AM.
Rasclatt is offline   Reply With Quote