This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Image Challenge > 3D images

3D images Add your best 3D images: Maya, Max, Zbrush, etc

Old 09-15-2008   #21
Gruender

Where is the problem to put a character into your scene and put the focus on it? Should be able to find a good way for it!
Gruender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008   #22
TerrapinWarlord

I agree that character modelers are easily accommodated by this contest, yes there is some focus on creating a believable environment, but ultimately you're only limited by your creativity when trying to satisfy the theme of the contest.

Oh, and here's my almost final image, still introducing textures to more than a few objects in the scene and tweaking lighting just a bit more. (I decided to delete the last rig and start anew.) I'd say maybe 85% done at this point.

Comments, questions and criticisms welcome via PM. Link to WIP images in my first post. Definitely seeing some good work in here, good luck to all.
TerrapinWarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008   #23
firankedul

Here is my submission, made in max. Hope you like it. As always comments are welcome

You can see the image here:
http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/2...oomvingvn5.jpg

EDIT:

I have attached the wireframe.

Last edited by firankedul; 09-23-2008 at 18:07 PM.
firankedul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008   #24
stinger88

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by montyband View Post
When this challenge ends? Please make some challenge for those who do characters . My proposal for next one is MARVEL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruender View Post
Where is the problem to put a character into your scene and put the focus on it? Should be able to find a good way for it!
i Agree with you Gruender. The piece i'm working on is heavily character based. In fact I have two ideas and they are both character driven but I think i'll only have time to do one. There is loads of scope for characters in this brief.

But i wouldn't mind doing a Marvel tribute as well

Actually. I've just had a Marvel/Boiler room brain wave. The Stoker! a superhero that can stoke a fire faster than any man. And just put him in spandex and give him a trusty shovel. Ta da! You can have that one....that's a freebie....

I think the brief titles here aren't as straight forward as saying do Marvel. I think they aim to get people thinking a bit about a title they wouldn't normally approach. Which I really enjoy the challenge of. Also, I think it also keeps the numbers down of people who can just post old work.
stinger88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008   #25
daddymack

Awards Showcase

lol @ stinger... I've got some sparks flying over here on this one too mate... You got a wip thread?

I think the open ended manner in which these challenges are run is great. make marvel is kind of restrictive whereas boiler room is really open to interpretation. If boilers aint your thing please see stingers' post
daddymack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008   #26
waldo45

Default Eeo

Jim had not been a big supporter of the company"s new EEO policy, but he had to admit it did have some benefits.

My entry Max & Vray
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	br.jpg
Views:	604
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	1693  
waldo45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008   #27
Gruender

Nice scene and nice characters but I donīt like his knee bend, it seems to be to thin. Hopefully my char will look that good too
Old 09-17-2008   #28
Yumiyahachiman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruender View Post
Nice scene and nice characters but I donīt like his knee bend, it seems to be to thin. Hopefully my char will look that good too
He's right, it looks a bid off ...
Personally i think you should make the upperleg a bit bigger
Could be that you made the knee to long that makes it look too thin
Make the inside less curved ...
Yumiyahachiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008   #29
Gruender

Maybe it causes from the rig and the deformation of it, I donīt know which software is used for it but in Cinema4D you can switch between linear, spherical and crossbetween deformation which could solve this problem. But my skills are not really deep in rigging and animation, so maybe I am wrong!
Old 09-17-2008   #30
stinger88

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddymack View Post
lol @ stinger... I've got some sparks flying over here on this one too mate... You got a wip thread?

I think the open ended manner in which these challenges are run is great. make marvel is kind of restrictive whereas boiler room is really open to interpretation. If boilers aint your thing please see stingers' post
Ooooh...the big guns are here. After another 40 DVD's are you? Well get to the back of the queue. You had your turn!....

Yes. I'll set up a WIP thread tonight if I get time. I've started already and i've got a pretty good idea of what i want it to look like. Just hope i can pull it off. Anyway. I'll get a link up when its done.
stinger88 is offline   Reply With Quote