This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Image Challenge > 3D images

3D images Add your best 3D images: Maya, Max, Zbrush, etc

Old 07-30-2008   #41
bent3d

Awards Showcase

'Tarik' - To insert an image into your post so that it's displayed, use the 'Insert Image' button (it's yellow with the mountain on it). You'll need to have a direct URL to the image you want to add. (For example 'http://www.yourwebsite.com/Images/your_image.jpg').

I don't have a website at the moment so I use a free account on http://www.imageshack.us/ to host my images. I just upload to them and they provide a variety of different links to my images for use in various kinds of forums or message boards, etc... So I just copy the 'direct' link and paste it in the 'Insert Image' box. To make sure its working just preview your post before submitting and you should see it.

If your image is really big you might also want to include a regular text link for it, so people can see it at the full size. I think Gnomon's using some kind of flash image viewer now, and it seems to have a width/height limit. My image is quite big (1280x1024) so even when you click to enlarge it, it's still not displayed at full size

'Fatalerror' - Thanks for the tip I've never heard of '.map' before, but I'll definitely check it out! I actually used VRay for my bridge render, which is what I usually render with, so I use VRay displacement most of the time. But I'll definitely give Mental Ray a shot next time! Thanks Again!!
bent3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008   #42
Imhotep397

Default My Entry

Finally the first entry I got in before the deadline. Hopefully it'll be a lucky one.

Imhotep397 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008   #43
franky the frog

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik View Post
Hi all this is my image for the comp.

YEY i managed to get my image to display this time

Hope u like it let me know what you think i would like to know

demn that's creepy hope I don't get nightmares from this one :d really nice job !
franky the frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008   #44
metalpiss

Awards Showcase

Finally I finished something! This is my entry and I need to explain things a bit first.

I tried a less literal approach for this theme, in favor of a more symbolic one. What I tried to represent here is the bridge of life. Everyone's life is like a bridge they build themselves, with bits of destiny. Life has its ups and downs, hence the shape of the bridge. No single piece is the same. In this case, this persons life drifts away from the light and into the twilight, hence into a darker period of his life.

Some wip shots of the character:
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c8...ke2_wip_05.jpg
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c8...ke2_wip_09.jpg
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c8...ke2_wip_11.jpg

I hope you like it and good luck to everyone, there's lots of awesome entries this one. My favourite is the one with the ants, it's really awesome, I would have never thought of that.
metalpiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008   #45
Wicked

The world where bridges are legends and people coun't survive without it!

(ps, nice update of the forum! I like speciale the timer of the begin of the contest post!)
Old 07-31-2008   #46
neuromancer2

Default TheBridge

I sure am looking forward to catching up on some sleep now!

This is what came to mind. A sort of post apocalyptic scene, after a second ice age, brought on by the powerful, and unyielding hand of Mother Nature. With a ray of hope, the ice melts away, the planet begins to balance herself once again. Seems even more appropriate after recent events here in SoCal.

Everything was modeled and UVd in Maya. Used fluid effects for background fog and an image plane for the clouds. Mental ray for lighting/rendering. Used Photoshop for textures, foreground fog, and a bit of color correction. If you look close enough, you can see the well preserved skeletons in the tiny bus on the ground...I jus keeeding! There is a tiny bus though.

I will add some detail shots manana.

Good night, and good luck.

There is a link to a hi res version below if it does not work for you.

HI RES LINK:http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/a...=TheBridge.jpg

Here are a couple of modeling detail renders:

Last edited by neuromancer2; 07-31-2008 at 12:43 PM.
neuromancer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008   #47
franky the frog

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuromancer2 View Post
I sure am looking forward to catching up on some sleep now!

This is was what came to mind. A sort of post apocalyptic scene, after a second ice age, brought on by the powerful, and unyielding hand of Mother Nature. With a ray of hope, the ice melts away, the planet begins to balance herself once again. Seems even more appropriate after recent events here in SoCal.

Everything was modeled and UVd in Maya. Used fluid effects for background fog and an image plane for the clouds. Mental ray for lighting. Used Photoshop for textures, foreground fog, and a bit of color correction. If you look close enough, you can see the well preserved skeletons in the tiny bus on the ground...I jus keeeding! There is a tiny bus though.

I will add some detail shots manana.

Good night, and good luck.

This is only a low res version. Please check out the hi res version link below, and "Save Image As".... Sorry, this is all I can figure out at the moment, but it was meant to be viewed at high resolution.

HI RES LINK:http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/a...=TheBridge.jpg

reminds me at the artwork from I am legend only this is better :d

ow and I can see the hi res image though in the flash viewer , how come some people can't see the hi res version ? maybe an update on the flash player could work or ..??
franky the frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008   #48
Tarik

Quote:
Originally Posted by franky the frog View Post
demn that's creepy hope I don't get nightmares from this one :d really nice job !
thanks thats the feeling i was going for not that i wanted you to actaully have nightmares :P
Tarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008   #49
Tarik

i've just looked at my image on my works comp and its quite orange lol. think my screen at home is calabrated differntly :s hope its not to bad on everyone elses
Tarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008   #50
Gruender

Donīt know how it looks on my monitor at home, but here at work it looks awesome! I think itīs the best contribution at this time!
Hope I will finish mine just in time. (The chance for me to be placed in the first 5 is almost zero, but maybe I can earn some nice tips!)
Gruender is offline   Reply With Quote