This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Image Challenge > 2D images

2D images Display your best 2D work: traditional or digital

Old 03-31-2007   #111
Penumbra

Awards Showcase

Here is a companion to the little dragon piece done a few months ago, when I started moving into digital. CS2 and Sketchbook pro.

Last edited by Penumbra; 03-31-2007 at 21:21 PM.
Penumbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007   #112
Wasker

Hey Jakkas, those last pics you dropped in the thread are really cool. Hope you'll end up winning this contest,
Wasker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007   #113
JakkaS

Wasker - Thank you. I have lots of creature paintings that I have done for ca.org activitie called COW (creature of the week) but I wanted to paint something new, especially for this topic. That's why I did these two pets . I am still learning so any motivation to paint another creature or character is good. As u know: "the more you draw, the better you are". I am keeping this in mind.

And yes, it would be great to win something, but there is lots of cool entries, so I don't count on this.

Penumbra
- that last one is cute

Kuba
JakkaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007   #114
Jeff MD

Awards Showcase

Default my entry

nice work everybody!

here is my entry...

entitled: HOUSTON, WE HAVE A PROBLEM....

Last edited by Jeff MD; 03-31-2007 at 13:49 PM.
Jeff MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007   #115
filip

Awards Showcase

Wow! So many fantastic entries this time, both 2D and 3D.
I wasn't sure if I would have time to enter something this time because of lots and lots of work plus finding time to spend with my kids but with such a great theme I just couldn't resist. Who needs sleep anyways...

I'm not so sure this girls parents are too happy with her choice of pet. But if you're on a farming colony somewhere out in space I guess these are some of the issues you'll have to face

2-min marker sketch:

And some close-ups (to see just how sloppy this one really is ):

Good luck to everyone!
filip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007   #116
3D-J

Default Pet Ladyhawk

I'm not sure whether this belongs in the 2D or 3D section, she was sculpted in clay using John Brown's method (check out his DVD's, they're awesome! ) You can see what she looked like before I worked on the background and chain in the 2nd pic. This was my first time messing around in photoshop, it was really cool to add some atmosphere around her, using the two mediums of clay sculpture and digital painting was a new twist for me. Her color is the original color of the clay.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ladyhawk.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	642   Click image for larger version

Name:	ladyhawk2.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	643  
3D-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007   #117
christ

Needless to say, the purple baby eater is a preatty bad dude, but his six eyed beast is truely to be feared! And 2nd.....We have a young Dreak receiving his first pet.
All done in Painter. I only started painting( fo any kind ) a couple of monts ago, so i am learning to paint and use color as we speak! I only hope to get better! Enjoy.
Benjamen Christ

Last edited by christ; 03-31-2007 at 23:59 PM.
christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007   #118
Alex Hdez.

Default Alien "pets"

woooow!!!! amazing work everybody, well here is another entry hope you like it.

Oracle thanks for yor questions about my last drawing, hope you like it too.

I made this drawing last 2 hours with prismacolor pencil and then a digital retouch.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	alien pets4.JPG
Views:	221
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	647  

Last edited by Alex Hdez.; 03-31-2007 at 15:37 PM. Reason: image, too big another time
Alex Hdez. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007   #119
ThrillzillA

Default Marty the Meatbag and his Snifflings

Marty the Meatbag and his Snifflings.

An Animal lover who loves his snifflings (an import breed from the dusty planets of Zandoid III, a planet with a soft wind that blows the scent of their baits into there huge piglike nostrils. Hunting with eyes is not something you can do with sand winds blowing with force, the snifflings skins are therefor very thick and are renewed every cycle of the planets sun. ).

But Marty loves his animals to be all natural and really admires their hunting skills and after all of the protests of the former powerforce left wing animal rights extremist group (people called them FISH after the head of the group was caught on camera eating fish, he admitted openly to the public in a popular talkshow that eating fish does not make you any less of a vegetarian. How interesting the story is we were talking about the snifflings ) you better make sure animals are treated as such or get forced into a reform programme.

Marty has got 4 Snifflings a male (left Sniffling in the picture)and a female (right Sniffling in the picture) and 2 young which gender will be determined by absolute randomness.

So the only way to raise his snifflings was to use the government issued feeding suit. The suit has several pads where the human scent is magnified with blood tubes running through the suits skin. When a Sniffling smells blood he will go for the pads, and bites down and thereby feeds itself. The only thing Marty has to do is run. The Sniffling does not see the difference from a normal prey and Marty, afterall evolution took away their sight. But even his Marty's love for his his Snifflings, he can't help but thinking back to the good old days when one only had to throw a goat into a Snifflings cage.

Last edited by ThrillzillA; 03-31-2007 at 20:00 PM.
ThrillzillA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007   #120
6dollarman

Hi everyone:
I've been dying to enter one of these contests.
There are some really cool entries.
I'm getting in just under the wire.
Here's my entry. Hope you like it.
6dollarman is offline   Reply With Quote