This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Image Challenge > 2D images

2D images Display your best 2D work: traditional or digital

Old 03-29-2007   #91
trapallan

Default Scoop The Poop

Hi everybody,

I'm new in the forum and this is my first post.

This is the most popular pet on Monux.
They are good air-filters and everything that comes from them are at the same time very usefull and dangerous.
Children should not play with them when the pet?s eyes are green.
When they turn blue, you know the time has arrived to take them on a walk...

Click image for larger version

Name:	scoop-the-poop.jpg
Views:	472
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	603

(I think the background looks a little strange because of the limited image size).

Last edited by trapallan; 03-29-2007 at 14:37 PM.
trapallan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #92
gaczar

Default My Alien Pet

My third effort at painting in Photoshop (final). Thanks to Scott Robertson's Unique Environment technique. That is how this painting started.

"Me and Scabby playing ball by the old pile of bones beside the mercury pool"

Last edited by gaczar; 04-01-2007 at 08:01 AM.
gaczar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #93
Alex Hdez.

Default alien pet

Hello everyone here is another entry, i hope you like it.

traditional an digital media

Your critiques are really important, thanks a lot...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	creature 3.JPG
Views:	251
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	609  

Last edited by Alex Hdez.; 03-29-2007 at 20:19 PM. Reason: image, to big
Alex Hdez. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #94
RianChen

Smile Hi

Good Morning every1, here is my work. AlienPet. original size is A3, and it took me 3working day. done by photoshop CS2 and A5wacom tablet. Underground alien walk...full of imagination for myself...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	AlienPet_Underground_2D.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	644   Click image for larger version

Name:	Close_up.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	645  

Last edited by RianChen; 03-31-2007 at 14:37 PM. Reason: Final Pic
RianChen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #95
Wasker

Good job everyone!

Here's my go this month, I imagined alien pets would likely belong to aliens.

These aliens life at places of extreme temperatures, such as the inside of planets and stars such as the Sun.

Wasker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #96
Wasker

Hey Oracle, thanks a bunch, glad you like it It's actually a mix of corel and photoshop. I feel most confident working with photoshop but a week or two ago I got this dvd with a trial version of corel painter X on and I decided to give it a go to get a more 'painted' effect.
Wasker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #97
Marko Luna

Default alien ghost

hi..this is my first post here hope you like it

Marko Luna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #98
JakkaS

Damn, these few last entries are really cool...

Here is my second entry (not done in 100% but I don't have much time for this - this is my final)

These creatures are like "space rats" - they can live in any environment, they are smart, omnivorous and like long space travels

--------------------
These are my old paintings, but they fits to the topic - I did this for other activities and just wanted to share. I have lots of these, but I have choose just two of them.

THE SUN
"?all the rage, object of desire for extravagant women and half of the people in the show business, probably will go after it has ruined a New Year party organized by Ambassador Kitto and his wife 5 min before midnight... Meg Raynolds, the pop music superstar, came close to the sea food table and her wig-octopus suddenly woke up (when they have contact with the body temperature they fall into a sleep) and jumped onto the table to catch some shrimps. Few women started to panic, and others passed out... the situation became even worse when some gentlemen (after few? or even more drinks) wanted to help their partners..."
These octopusses were found in the year of 2069 near Antarctica. Probably they were hibernating in the ice until then. However, global warming reduced the ice surfaces and a few new species could be discovered by the scientist? and this is one of them.
? They live in the cold waters, feed with fishes and other small organisms they can find in their environment. They are covered with fur which gives them warm and help in mating. Males (usually they are more vivid then their females) lure the females with their colorful fur. The most interesting thing is that rarely there could be found males with the same color, structure and patterns on the fur.

concept: Blofoor
This race was created by Karista, one of the most talented wizards of the city Alturag. The Blofoors are intelligent species, who can tell stories, riddles and tell what the future brings. They can't talk to people but they are telepaths. Karista was truly surprised that their creatures can so easily tell these stories. She didn't realised that she had created spiritualist creatures. Blofoors have three eyes. One eye can see the past, one can see the future and one can see only the present. That's why they are so talented. However, this talent was first noticed by the Lords of Alturag and then estimated as very dangerous. Finally made creatures and their creator doomed.

Hope u like them
Cheers
Kuba

Ps. Sorry for my English
JakkaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #99
Turcin

JakkaS, holy shit those are GREAT!

cheers man!
Turcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #100
fabianlacey

Awards Showcase

Default My Alien

So first of all...who ever came over last weekend and let this little bugger out of his cage is gonna pay! I've been searching all over the house for him and I finally caught him eating my spare change BUSTED....not cool guys, thats my laundry money....

so the idea was to actually show the character as an alien pet IN his environment (at my apt desk, note the cute picture of us when I first got him =)) The shot was established to tell a little bit of story while you still see the creature design and his actions ...or reactions in this case

Good luck all, there are some very beautiful and well thought out submissions , the competition looks great! I had a lot of fun!

The image was created mostly in Painter with a few nudge and budge transforms in CS2

fabianlacey is offline   Reply With Quote