This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Image Challenge > 3D images

3D images Add your best 3D images: Maya, Max, Zbrush, etc

Old 06-01-2017   #1
The Gnomon Workshop
Admin

Visit The Gnomon Workshop's Facebook Visit The Gnomon Workshop's Twitter Visit The Gnomon Workshop's YouTube Visit The Gnomon Workshop's artstation
Default June, 2017: Animal Weapons Mount

Heavy weapons require a mount of some sort which helps the operator efficiently deploy it in battle. Weapons mounts can be found on their persons in the form of a bipod, shoulder mount or on vehicles such as tanks, trucks, planes, etc. This month's challenge is to create a weapons mount specifically used on a realistic or fantastical animal that will be deployed into battle. The interpretation is totally up to you.

EDIT: edit: Winners Announced!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Winners_3D_JUNE2017.jpg (358.2 KB, 479 views)

Last edited by gnomon_admin; 07-13-2017 at 10:59 AM.
The Gnomon Workshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017   #2
alejandro.rodrigo

Awards Showcase

Default War beetle

Hello guys,
This is my first time participating in this contest, hopefully you like my submission.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg untitled.29.jpg (72.5 KB, 863 views)
File Type: jpg BPR_Render334.jpg (212.7 KB, 846 views)

Last edited by alejandro.rodrigo; 06-26-2017 at 02:32 AM.
alejandro.rodrigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017   #3
Rezilin

Visit Rezilin's artstation
Default Fuse-Shell Hermit Artillery

First time using the forum, and starting to use the workshop. I hope you like my interpretation of this. I was playing a world of tanks match and thought about artillery and then thought that hermits carry shells, so why not a heavy weapon.
Name:  HermitCrabfuse1.jpg
Views: 763
Size:  269.4 KB
Name:  HermitCrabfuse[2.jpg
Views: 770
Size:  263.8 KB
Name:  HermitCrabfuse3.jpg
Views: 831
Size:  264.9 KB
Rezilin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017   #4
Gorromog

Awards Showcase

Here is my entry:
Gorromog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017   #5
neutrohn

Awards Showcase

Default weapon mount pick up elk

hello, this mount is build around the idea using the antlers as some kind of shield while you ride the animal and iam with your gun. i thought a triangular armor design would fit, attached to the antlers. since i play "the surge" (pc game) a lot i was realy looking forward designing my own exoskeleton. so, there it is a elk with an exoskeleton. the third design component was, that i was thinking about these pick up trucks with an maschiene gun attached as a light recon/attack vehicle. yea. here it is my "pick up recon elk maschien gun mount". the render is straight out of zbrush. the only thing i did in photoshop was croping the image and lighten up the colores a bit, because zbrush tend to be very dark. thanks and may the brush be with you.

first picture is my submission.

neutrohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017   #6
TheKen

Visit TheKen's LinkedIn
Default Elephant Tactical Weapons Mount

I've been out of the world of 3D for a few years now, finally decided it's time to start back up with it all. Trying to knock the dust off the brain and learn the programs again. My submission for this challenge is a weapons mount for an elephant.

Last edited by TheKen; 06-29-2017 at 08:38 AM.
TheKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017   #7
Bradlay

Awards Showcase

Default Turtle With Mounted M2 .50cal

This is my entry for this months challenge, had lots of fun with this one and learnt quite a bit about hard surface modelling.

For more angles click this link: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/w39yw
Bradlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017   #8
kambur

Awards Showcase

Default Diplodocus Weapon

This is a concept of a diplodocus that's used for destroying walls. A huge boulder is attached to it's neck. To counter balance everything, the neck is attached to a pole on it's back and then to the tail. As we all know dinosaurs are pretty stupid, so they need to be controlled by humans. There are two cranks on the lower deck that allow to steer the neck. Further down the deck there is room for some archers. The top deck is for the captain who will give orders. Hope you like it

kambur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017   #9
Koso

Awards Showcase

Default animal weapon mount

I see that I took the challenge different way others. I made a fantasy animal that is used in a battle. The man made holes in his tail and atached this mount, you can change the top disc, for bigger or smaller size, depens on what you need at the moment.

hope you like it, good luck to all.

Koso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017   #10
itszkelvinxd

Default War Tortoise - Model

This is my first time doing an entry contest. Had fun doing this and putting what I learned from Gnomon videos. The tortoise with his cannons reminds me of Blastoise from Pokemon and thats where inspirations cam from.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Torotoise GNOMON-940 pix.jpg (337.6 KB, 606 views)

Last edited by gnomon_admin; 07-05-2017 at 11:44 AM.
itszkelvinxd is offline   Reply With Quote