This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Tutorials Discussions, Tips and Guidance > Work-in-Progress (WIPs)

Work-in-Progress (WIPs) Working on your submission for the monthly contests and want to share your progress/process and get some feedback? This is the place to do it.

Old 10-22-2008   #21
stinger88

Awards Showcase

Thanks solosoul.

UPDATE:

Zombifying time!!!...couldn't wait to get on with making a zombie..The texture is very rough and more detail needs to be added. Need to put my teeth in and do a zombie arm as well. anyhoo...Starting to enjoy it again now. Hope i can do it justice anyway.

2 slightly different lighting setups.

Old 10-23-2008   #22
GTpix

Awards Showcase

Great job Stinger!
For my part, the first lighting setup is better than the second. The hard light is coming from the right of the face and creates a great volume. Would like to see the completed composition very soon!
GTpix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008   #23
stinger88

Awards Showcase

well...This is as far as i've got. I doubt i'll get it finished in time. Still too much to do really. I'll try and get it to a presentable level for the deadline and do the textures to a decent level.

Old 10-27-2008   #24
GTpix

Awards Showcase

great job Stinger,
But It is damage that we do not see the zombified side. It was good in your previous WIP.
I think you should add a back light on the left, perhaps a dark blue light or something like this. It will increase the volumes of the character.
Old 10-30-2008   #25
daddymack

Awards Showcase

Heya Stinger, love the model and tex but your lighting is really letting this piece down bro. I'd suggest having 1 strong key light, a medium rim/ backlight and a very soft fill light to give it some contrast. Right now it's all washed out.

If you have time it would look great with volume light fog n shadows

good luck with the judging
daddymack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008   #26
stinger88

Awards Showcase

Thanks GTpix and Daddy.

Really struggled through on this one. Just didnt have enough time to get everything I wanted to do on this one. I was unable to give the model hair and I was planning to put broken glasses and a celtic ring on the model that I wear. The model hasn't really turned out to look like me because of the lack of hair and unshaven face but its close.

The hair on the arm is photoshop and the rear image is a photo for presentation purposes.

Anyway. MASSIVE Thanks to all here for the support, critique and the encouragement. I really wouldnt have got his far without it. Wip threads really do help ALOT!

FINAL IMAGE

Old 10-30-2008   #27
GTpix

Awards Showcase

Great work Stinger!
Love the ambiance. it is like... what 's thee name of this movie? Ah!Yes, Resident evil!!!!
The light seems to come from the camera. Love it!
Old 10-30-2008   #28
deakinduperly

really stands out with the textures and lighting... great job blew my mind in comparison with the updates.. great job!!! good luck !!!!!
deakinduperly is offline   Reply With Quote