This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Image Challenge > 3D images

3D images Add your best 3D images: Maya, Max, Zbrush, etc

Old 09-01-2011   #31
Blackdragon1981

Awards Showcase

just to make sure that nobody complains its not 3d
Blackdragon1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011   #32
gregori_designs

Congratulations. Awesome work.
gregori_designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011   #33
Tonks

Good job guys! What's the theme for September?
Tonks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011   #34
DiederikV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonks View Post
Good job guys! What's the theme for September?
You'll see it appear here http://forums.thegnomonworkshop.com/...isplay.php?f=4 When it is posted
DiederikV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011   #35
chris bielecki

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdragon1981 View Post
just to make sure that nobody complains its not 3d
I like the model. I would like to see it without the off screen character shadow, and maybe cropped with the guard more the focal point. The shadow is a bit wonky and I'm not sure what it's doing. I think the focus could be more on the nicely modeled guard.
chris bielecki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011   #36
Blackdragon1981

Awards Showcase

Hey Chris thx a lot for the reply i know exactly what you mean but the guard is the focus in this image the only problem here is that i modelled so many details which nobody can see and thats kinda sad but the idea behind the picture is the mood from left to right. Left is the threat and when the eye follow the picture it will see the guard with the big blaster door ready for action.
Old 09-04-2011   #37
Shuntazuloo

Last edited by Shuntazuloo; 09-06-2011 at 14:07 PM.
Shuntazuloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011   #38
Playonward

For constructive purposes I will agree with what Chris said about the shadow. The composition is nice but she simply does not appear to be facing the direction the shadow is coming from. The low camera also gives me the impression that the thing casting the shadow is comically small, but I doubt that was your intention. Finally, the creature silhouette is less threatening than you'd want. Maybe it is supposed to be a Rancor, but something more intimidating would serve you better.

I am certain this is a winning image if you had framed the comp on the guard at the door. Then you could simply add the most threatening thing possible in the foreground....a green lightsaber.

Cheers,

Ryan
Playonward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011   #39
Blackdragon1981

Awards Showcase

Hey ryan thx a lot for the reply the funny think is that was my first idea but i run out of time and i am still no pro so i tooks me nearly everyday 8 hours of work after work i wish i could make another char (Jedi) and make a directional threat to the door but as i said its hard to achieve that in 3 weeks. Maybe I can get better results over time but for now i must be happy that i finished this composition. I just have to keep up and maybe someday i develop the perfect eye for details and impressions. Thanks again good luck to everybody
Old 09-06-2011   #40
Playonward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdragon1981 View Post
Hey ryan thx a lot for the reply the funny think is that was my first idea but i run out of time and i am still no pro so i tooks me nearly everyday 8 hours of work after work i wish i could make another char (Jedi) and make a directional threat to the door but as i said its hard to achieve that in 3 weeks. Maybe I can get better results over time but for now i must be happy that i finished this composition. I just have to keep up and maybe someday i develop the perfect eye for details and impressions. Thanks again good luck to everybody
I agree 100% that making an entire Jedi character to face off with your sentinel would have been an extremely time-consuming task, but there is an easier way...a cheat even. Thanks to internationally recognizable iconography, you can simply add a glowing green stick in the foreground, close enough to the camera that you can't even see the hand. If you wanted to keep the silhouette on the wall, a hooded figure would not take too long, but really just dropping a lightsaber in the foreground is all you need.

Any piece worthy enough to enter into this competition should probably end up in your portfolio, so these suggestions are just to give you some ideas if you wanted to make some changes in the future. Clearly for mine I need to texture my hockey-zombie, add some nice fog coming off the ice, do a lot of shader work on then render out a final comp. These are things I will definitely do, even if I don't win, because this will be a much better portfolio piece when it is...you know...done.

Ryan
Playonward is offline   Reply With Quote