This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Tutorials Discussions, Tips and Guidance > General Chat / Q+A

General Chat / Q+A Post your questions regarding Subscription, tutorials, etc.

Old 12-28-2010   #1
3dlo

Default Where do I start in this field?

Hi Im totally new to 3d computer art. Im a very good at realistic painting/drawing and sculpting and now wanting to do them in computers.

I basically want to be able to do everything ,Be able to make a 3d animated movie clip all by myself, but I am thinking i should start by learning to sculpt the figure in computer, then color the model, etc.

Please suggest me which program or software i need for that. .and where to buy etc.. Unfortunately I dont really have the time to attend classes at this time so any instructional DVDs and textbooks out there you could sugest me would be great.

and any othersuggestions or advice would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks a lot and Happy Holidays!
3dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010   #2
danlptr12

Start with as many short, simple projects as you can, so that you can go through the whole process of planning, modelling, texturing, lighting, animating, rendering, and editing your work several times on short projects, and learn to use a variety of software functions along the way. I learned 3D by using my own Amiga to run some simple 3D programs at home. Even at a top school that teaches 3D, much of what you learn will be self-taught, as a result of spending time creating your work on the computers.