This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Tutorials Discussions, Tips and Guidance > General Chat / Q+A

General Chat / Q+A Post your questions regarding Subscription, tutorials, etc.

Old 12-30-2006   #1
Iva

Default Maya and Max

Hello folks,

there is no gnomon community-forum so i thought i just write it here

Long time i was a max user, now im using both, i've started to learn maya and i think that maya is a bit difficult to use. For me it seems like modelling buildings and interiors like caves as gamelevels for example is much easier with max than with maya. What do you think ? What for do you use the programs and why ?
I'd like to gather some opinions and expirience so please tell me what you say about it
Iva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007   #2
buhby

Back in Highschool, I used Max here and there but never really got anywhere with it. Now, I use Maya. It USED to be that Max was good for games and Maya was good for effects/movies (production stuff). Now, both programs are basically the same, just different UI. And now that Autodesk acquired Maya, I believe there will soon be no distinction between the two (if the two remain separate programs, that is).

But, autodesk said they will not combine the two, not for now at least.
buhby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007   #3
Anuradha

Smile

i agree with buhby
Anuradha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007   #4
section9

hi.....just like iva, i'm a max user also.......but now try to use maya for some times
i think maya is much better for animation rather than modelling......and now i'm using both......i also agree with buhby....
section9 is offline   Reply With Quote