This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Tutorials Discussions, Tips and Guidance > General Chat / Q+A

General Chat / Q+A Post your questions regarding Subscription, tutorials, etc.

Old 12-24-2006   #1
dcotto21

Default how do u create a simple rendered movie????

hey i know to render a simple frame in maya but how the hell do i create a minute long movie here....i've tried everything...i could only create a simple still jpeg image but not an avi or something like that...how could u create one im using maya 8.0 and 3dsmax 8
dcotto21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006   #2
minidak03

I used to struggle with that same question over a year ago, LoL, your going to kick yourself when you find out what to do.

If your using Maya, set up all of your render setting's and select which ever compression you want, I usually go with AVI but whichever work's for you, then after that is all set up make sure your in your Render Mode, and in the top tool bar look for a thing that say's render then click on that scroll to the bottom until you find Batch Render and click on the Batch Render.

I do not know if this is how the pro's do it but this is how I've made some pritty intresting animation's before, I dont know if this is the same for all maya's but I'm using Maya 7.0 and I use Batch Render for my animations, when your render is done you should be able to locate it in your project's images folder.

I hope this helps.
minidak03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006   #3
Herbert

Under Image File Output in the Rendering Dialog change the Frame/Animation Ext. to e.g. name.#.ext

then choice a file format e.g. Tiffs, Tga,...
Rendering a MOV, AVI is not a good disicion - for several reason.

The normal way is something like this:
Rendering several image sequences (a bunch of render passes)
Compose all of this passes together (with e.g. AfterEffects, Combustion, Fusion, Nuke,...)
Rendering the final compositing (Mov, avi,...)
Herbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006   #4
johan_n1

Default more simple

hi

It's a good answer, but if you d'ont know after effects... you can read your batch render whith fchek (on maya, bin) do play animation and select all the frames, it's very simple but not convenient
johan_n1 is offline   Reply With Quote