This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Tutorials Discussions, Tips and Guidance > Portfolio Review

Portfolio Review Share your work for constructive criticism from us and the community

Old 09-02-2011   #1
klightner

Default Reel 2011 Help

I need some help with my Reel. I'm looking for a job as a Modeler and Texture Artist for games, cinematics, or commercials. I had a 6 month contract with Blizzard, but after that its been hard to get in the industry. Let me know what you think. My website with my reel, resume, and stills are at www.kon-artist.com . Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

Last edited by klightner; 09-13-2011 at 15:36 PM.
klightner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011   #2
Playonward

Your work is pretty amazing but you'd be off to a better start if your links were embedded into the post and you cleaned it all up. Really that has nothing to do with your work, but it would help get more feedback here I'm sure. Your website is spot-on, and you do serious credit to Gnomon with your CG pieces. I noticed your Vimeo reel didn't have the Kotaki piece, which I like quite a bit.

If I were to take a shot in the dark at your career search, I'd say you have great potential as a lighting artist. That is not to say you aren't a fantastic modeller and texture artist, but I look at your lighting and shading and am blown away. Your watercolors could help develop color scripts, and with your talent and generalist skills you could be an art director in no time. Your portfolio is small but packs a lot of punch. If it had a few more pieces of the same quality(not an easy proposition) then you could seriously be hunting the big art leads jobs rather than trying to find entry-level openings in modelling and texturing.

Cheers,

Ryan
Playonward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011   #3
klightner

Default Thanks

Wow, thanks for the vote of confidence. I really appreciate your feedback, and will definitely add more pieces to my reel.
klightner is offline   Reply With Quote