This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Tutorials Discussions, Tips and Guidance > Portfolio Review

Portfolio Review Share your work for constructive criticism from us and the community

Old 12-26-2010   #1
ipranawake

Awards Showcase

Default Eagle Head

This is a pencil drawing of mine ... hope you like it .... Comments are welcome !!!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Eagle_Head_GR_900.jpg (90.8 KB, 1326 views)
ipranawake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011   #2
TofurkeyMan

Nobody replied? Well, I will! Excellent drawing. Really great detail. The only suggestions I have:

If you are going for photorealism and accuracy, then the beak isn't big enough, not just in length, but also width and height. Their beak is actually surprisingly large. You have all the details of the beak down, just the size is a little off, it kind of plays with the perspective too since it should be bigger.

The other is the eye. Eagle's eyes change color as they mature, the older they are, the brighter their eye is. The color of your eagles head suggests its more mature, but the color of its eye suggests its younger. If you brighten the eye, and brighten the specular highlight you have in it just a little bit, this will be a beautiful work of art. I already love it, this is just my 2 cents
TofurkeyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011   #3
IIIXAaronXIII

Awards Showcase

WOW MAN!!!!! VERY nice work!
IIIXAaronXIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011   #4
ipranawake

Awards Showcase

TofurkeyMan: Well I was thinking about back of the head is not detailed enough .... actually i went wrong when drawing that area .... But i never had any doubt about the beak and the eye ... because i spent lot of time and was very careful when drawing it ... especially the eye ... This was my second graphite rendering (Now im working on the fourth) ... and i think i have to do more research ..... Thanks for pointing out the errors man ... really appreciate it. Thanks.

IIIXAaronXIII .... thanks brother .... Looking forward for another entry in the contest .... i think its time for another winning man .... hope it will be this month.
Old 03-27-2011   #5
Baron Flame

WOW!!!
That looks awesome, though it looks more like a hawk to me.
Apart from that the whole thing looks amazing!!
Baron Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011   #6
ipranawake

Awards Showcase

Thanks Baron Flame ,...... Working on my fourth drawing these days .... Its a portrait of the famous "Davy jones" ..... cant wait to finish it share with you guys ......
Old 03-27-2011   #7
Baron Flame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipranawake View Post
Thanks Baron Flame ,...... Working on my fourth drawing these days .... Its a portrait of the famous "Davy jones" ..... cant wait to finish it share with you guys ......
Interesting choice. Uppin it.
Baron Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011   #8
Alekzsander

Wink

Looking nice but i feel the low part looks more like a hair than feathers .

define mas esa parte
Old 03-28-2011   #9
ipranawake

Awards Showcase

Hey Hey Alekzsander !!! .... its amazing how you guys are catching up these stuff ...... I had no idea how to render those feathers when i got started ..... Actually i honestly admit that i have failed to catch up the actual detail of feathers when rendering it ..., this is my level of skill for now .... and i have a big hope to improve it in time ..... Thanks for the comments everyone !!!!
Old 04-01-2011   #10
TofurkeyMan

Keep at it and you'll be drawing photorealistic portraits in no time. You could be the next Robert Bateman
TofurkeyMan is offline   Reply With Quote