This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Image Challenge > 3D images

3D images Add your best 3D images: Maya, Max, Zbrush, etc

Old 05-05-2008   #21
krisla

Awards Showcase

Default Showdown

Hi! Guess I missed the deadline, but if it's still possible I'd like to join.. spent quite some time on this..

Click image for larger version

Name:	Showdon_lowres_2.jpg
Views:	493
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	1395
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Showdon_lowres.jpg
Views:	423
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	1394  

Last edited by krisla; 05-05-2008 at 15:59 PM.
krisla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #22
A.Alvarez
Senor Alex

Default winners announced!

Here are the winners for April!

winners will be contacted via email/PM.

-Alex
personal site: www.alexalvarez.com
follow me on twitter
A.Alvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #23
Trybal

Why not just get rid of the separate 2d and 3d contest threads and merge them into a single Contest Illustrations forum? At least then when only 2d images win all places month after month, it won't look so bad.

Also it would be nice if a clear deadline existed, as many people sacrifice on quality in order to get entered before the end of the month, only to find out that entries are sometimes accepted up to a week into the next month. Half of this month's winners posted their entries in May for the April contest.

Another thing I would like clarity on, is why my image was the only one edited by an admin. It was shrunk from 1280 x 800 to 800 x 500. Clearly it couldn't be because it broke the forum's width as there are even larger images than mine that have been left untouched. In fact, I chose the size I entered after scanning the threads and seeing 1280 as an appropriate size. The only reason I can think of is that someone wanted to diminish the impact of my work.

My Art:
[URL="http://trybal.cgsociety.org/"][COLOR="DarkOrange"]CGSociety Portfolio[/COLOR][/URL]

Last edited by Trybal; 05-06-2008 at 17:48 PM.
Trybal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #24
deakinduperly

Trybal - i completely get your point of merging the 2d and 3d parts if it?s just an illustration image... but about the image size... ok, maybe the admin shouldn?t have cropped your image when there are others bigger but frankly i don't think they did it in a bad way... i'm sure it wasn't cuz they wanted to take importance on your image...

gratz to the winners and pleaze hurry on next theme i wanna try and finally be able to post again ...
deakinduperly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010   #25
stevebutler44

It is right that 3d and 2d contest will be merge in different pages. So We will get the idea of 2d and 3d art as well. I think that It would be possible.
Old 02-05-2011   #26
Orerewsgefs

Default April 2008 Magical Fury

i knew there was something different about this jughead..
Orerewsgefs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012   #27
lisa11152

Default Stereoscopy

Stereoscopy (also called stereoscopic or 3-D imaging) refers to a technique for creating or enhancing the illusion of depth in an image by presenting two offset images separately to the left and right eye of the viewer. These two-dimensional images are then combined in the brain to give the perception of 3-D depth. Besides the technique of freeviewing, which must be learned by the viewer, three strategies have been used to mechanically present different images to each eye: have the viewer wear eyeglasses to combine separate images from two offset sources, have the viewer wear eyeglasses to filter offset images from a single source separated to each eye, or have the lightsource split the images directionally into the viewer's eyes (no glasses required; known as Autostereoscopy).

wallpaper murals
lisa11152 is offline   Reply With Quote