This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Tutorials Discussions, Tips and Guidance > Work-in-Progress (WIPs)

Work-in-Progress (WIPs) Working on your submission for the monthly contests and want to share your progress/process and get some feedback? This is the place to do it.

Old 02-11-2015   #1
graphicgolem

Awards Showcase

Default Shaman Challenge WIP - ideas/sketches

Hi Im working of the Shaman challenge.

Here are a some sketches (made in Procreate) and I am interested to know which you think looks most promising (if any!)

[COLOR="SandyBrown"][FONT="Palatino Linotype"]Mind precedes all mental states. Mind is their chief; they are all mind-wrought. If with an impure mind a person speaks or acts suffering follows him like the wheel that follows the foot of the ox.

Mind precedes all mental states. Mind is their chief; they are all mind-wrought. If with a pure mind a person speaks or acts happiness follows him like his never-departing shadow.[/FONT][/COLOR]
graphicgolem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015   #2
graphicgolem

Awards Showcase

Decided to take this one further. Not sure if its working though yet.

[COLOR="SandyBrown"][FONT="Palatino Linotype"]Mind precedes all mental states. Mind is their chief; they are all mind-wrought. If with an impure mind a person speaks or acts suffering follows him like the wheel that follows the foot of the ox.

Mind precedes all mental states. Mind is their chief; they are all mind-wrought. If with a pure mind a person speaks or acts happiness follows him like his never-departing shadow.[/FONT][/COLOR]
Old 02-28-2015   #3
morganbw

Awards Showcase

Visit morganbw's artstation
Default nice

Hey man, that's cool. Don't know if you're planning on taking it any further, but as it is, love the painterly nature.
morganbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015   #4
graphicgolem

Awards Showcase

Default Hey thanks

Hey thanks Morgan. Like a lot of folks (myself included) I like to look but don't always have much to say but it's nice to get some interaction going.

Old 03-01-2015   #5
morganbw

Awards Showcase

Visit morganbw's artstation
Default further

The two things that strike me the most about the last entry are the dangling ribbons around the wrist and the twig-like hair. Very cool comp. Good luck.
morganbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015   #6
graphicgolem

Awards Showcase

Thanks and good luck to you too. It's been quite few years since I've entered any challenges so I'm doing it as a motivator to get some new work created and to try and improve a little.

Old 03-02-2015   #7
AlienWarble

Default Shaman

@GraphicGolem

Just wanted to say I liked your entry the most. The colors all blend so well and it's over all really good! I also agree that it would be cool to get more artist interaction going on. I'm new to the Workshop but it seems that the monthly challenges are the only thing keeping it a float. Would be great to see more happening with it. My 2 cents..
AlienWarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015   #8
graphicgolem

Awards Showcase

Default Thanks!

Hey thanks Alien Warble for the thumbs up and making a comment. It really is appreciated especially as you are doing the 3d challenge. I been following the 3d challenge too and I wish I could do what you 3d guys do but it takes years of practice I think - like most art skills actually