This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Tutorials Discussions, Tips and Guidance > Work-in-Progress (WIPs)

Work-in-Progress (WIPs) Working on your submission for the monthly contests and want to share your progress/process and get some feedback? This is the place to do it.

Old 08-17-2010   #1
tac0m

Default Forest Troll

Hey guys, i have this post up on other forums but haven't had much critique yet. I was looking to make a semi stylized troll character in zbrush. Not sure if it's thanks to Lord of the Rings or not but everyone says he's gotta be more bulky and thicker :S What do you guys think?

I'll post the latest WIP

tac0m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010   #2
svarc3d

Thumbs up

Remember, this is your model and if you wanted him to be slim it's ok. Anyway try to work more on skin texture, bump maps. Details, details, details. If you are using maya or max try fast sss skin shader. Personally, I don't like blue veins, and white torso but that's just my opinion.
svarc3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010   #3
tac0m

thanks for the comment... As far as the color scheme goes i was trying to aim for a frog or snake or something. Since these are animals you'd find in the forest I was hoping to have a soft underside like these animals have. gonna work on more details like u said and ill post again soon
Old 08-19-2010   #4
svarc3d

Remember that troll doesn't crawl or walk on 4 legs; his belly is not facing the earth...
svarc3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010   #5
tac0m

actually his belly is goin to be facing the earth. This tree on his back is gonna be pretty heavy and he walks with a huuuge slouch and drags his hands... If you can't picture it in your head i'll show ya once i rig him up
Old 11-02-2010   #6
tac0m

Haven't had a lot of time to work on this. But i recently opened it up again and made a lot of changes to him. Thank god i get to work on this again.... kills me when i have to stop a project for so long.

more comments and crits are welcome. I'm trying to integrate the tree into his shoulders a bit more... what do you think?
Old 11-03-2010   #7
Teko

Awards Showcase

Looks great, everything looks fine, if there is anything to critique about, is maybe the tree stump looks too blocky from the side, but then again I only have 2 views so it might just be me. But great stuff, can't wait to see him rigged.
Teko is offline   Reply With Quote