This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Tutorials Discussions, Tips and Guidance > Work-in-Progress (WIPs)

Work-in-Progress (WIPs) Working on your submission for the monthly contests and want to share your progress/process and get some feedback? This is the place to do it.

Old 12-18-2008   #11
Blackdragon1981

Awards Showcase

Default Nice work

Hey no problem. The hand looks great just keep going your on the right way. hmm to bad that you can't use another renderer I think I would look much better with some GI but nice modeling so far
Blackdragon1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008   #12
funddevi

Actually I've got some good news about the renderer! Luxrender finally started working today so my final image will be done using it. I'll post a new image when the grainyness comes down a little more...

-Funddevi
funddevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008   #13
Blackdragon1981

Awards Showcase

Default Can't wait

That's super can't wait to see the new renderings
Old 12-19-2008   #14
funddevi

Ok, here's two new renders...the wallpaper is messed up and I still have to work on the light behind the door, but it's getting there.

-Funddevi

EDIT: I'll probably get the hands into the image today.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Luxtest1.jpg (9.6 KB, 192 views)
File Type: jpg Luxtest2.jpg (9.2 KB, 173 views)
Old 12-19-2008   #15
Blackdragon1981

Awards Showcase

Default Yeah I like it

Much better man I love it keep going :-)
Old 12-19-2008   #16
purplemikey

Im not sure about the hand

Babies hands are "fat" and the thumb look a bit like a monkey hand (maybe im wrong I just looked fast at it)
maybe getting a good reference could help you, or it will looks like an adult hand
here's a good one that I found
http://www.dkimages.com/discover/pre...2/35083139.JPG

Hope it will help you

And I really like the Idea, I havent had this idea when I saw the title, Brillant!
good luck!
purplemikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008   #17
funddevi

Woah! Amazing reference purplemikey, I hadn't expected to see a good top view of a baby's hand. The reason the model looks like an adult hand is because I wanted to model one and then modify it to look like a baby's.

Here's a new image, hopefully I can refine the hands (which look like mittens) a bit more with that reference image.

-Funddevi

P.S. Do you think the image decently represents "The Wall" or does it look more like "the door" or something?

EDIT: Currently rendering a 1200x900 test...Hopefully it gets clear before the 31st lol.

EDIT2: More images, do you prefer the angle of image 2 (angle 1) or image 3 (angle 2)?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Luxtest3.jpg (9.9 KB, 179 views)
File Type: jpg Angle1.jpg (11.4 KB, 158 views)
File Type: jpg Angle2.jpg (9.1 KB, 176 views)

Last edited by funddevi; 12-19-2008 at 20:51 PM.
Old 12-20-2008   #18
AndreasW

I like the idea. When it comes to concepts I usually prefer those on the outside of the box.
The door represents a target. Something that the baby really wants to reach, but just could not. Instead of a door you could also have put a toy, a teddy-bear for example, on the floor. So, the door is fine for me. Gives it a nice mood. Just be careful, that it supports the taste of freedom and does not look threatening, that would lead the image in the opposite direction, the “wall” as protection.
What I dislike a little is the perspective. This looking above the grill does not support the jail impression. I see just little of the arms, so the baby might also be able to lay the hands on top of its crib, and maybe, with a bouncy mattress below or some toys to stand on, it might be possible to leave. Freedom just one step away…
So maybe try a look through the grill perspective and maybe play a little with the focal length. Just a thought.
AndreasW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008   #19
funddevi

Thank you for writing such an extensive comment AndreasW...When you say focal length you mean the camera's perspective value right?

I'll play with the camera angle a bit...expect another update in a couple hours!

-Funddevi
Old 12-21-2008   #20
AndreasW

Quote:
Originally Posted by funddevi View Post
When you say focal length you mean the camera's perspective value right?
Err, not sure. --> focal length
Go to "In photography", the pictures on the right should explain what I mean pretty quick.
Just for a try. If doodling with it doesn't help, use undo.
AndreasW is offline   Reply With Quote