This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Image Challenge > 2D images

2D images Display your best 2D work: traditional or digital

Old 03-02-2017   #1
The Gnomon Workshop
Admin

Visit The Gnomon Workshop's Facebook Visit The Gnomon Workshop's Twitter Visit The Gnomon Workshop's YouTube Visit The Gnomon Workshop's artstation
Default March, 2017: Level Up

In most video games you start from the bottom and through countless battles you earn legendary gear, powers, and upgrades! For this month's contest show us your leveled up character, creature, or item!

edit: Winners Announced!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Winners_March2017_2D.jpg (441.0 KB, 799 views)

Last edited by gnomon_admin; 04-14-2017 at 10:25 AM.
The Gnomon Workshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017   #2
tosmobot

Awards Showcase

Visit tosmobot's artstation
Default Leveled Up Fire Mage

I'm going the character design route again, showing the progression of a fire mage through level 1-50. I really liked Johnny Fraser-Allens character design video and decide to try using his workflow of photo texturing and painting over.

Name:  firemage_design_sheet_finalpass01.jpg
Views: 976
Size:  412.5 KB
tosmobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017   #3
Hunter Lee

Default Wip 4

Count me out. Cheers. Good luck all.

Last edited by Hunter Lee; 04-01-2017 at 00:04 AM.
Hunter Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017   #4
gab-g

Default silhouettes' exploration

I started working on some silhouettes, trying to figure out the progression of my character

The next step will be doing some pure concepts from the bottom and get to the final character, the leveled up one

Name:  sls.jpg
Views: 928
Size:  67.1 KB

Last edited by gab-g; 03-27-2017 at 07:05 AM.
gab-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017   #5
gab-g

Default sketches and concepts

I did some sketchy concept
The very next step is the rendering of the chosen one!

Name:  fixato1.jpg
Views: 793
Size:  88.2 KB
Name:  fixato2.jpg
Views: 926
Size:  111.8 KB
gab-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017   #6
Chuck,Mate.

Awards Showcase

Visit Chuck,Mate.'s artstation

Hello!
A quick one from me this month.

Cool ideas so far.

P.

Chuck,Mate. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017   #7
ashokconcept

Awards Showcase

Visit ashokconcept's artstation
Default Tree monster _level upgraded design

My entry for this month challenge ...after long time ..hope like this and all the best all participate

Thank you
ashokconcept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017   #8
Koso

Awards Showcase

Default Level Up entry

Hello, this is my submission for this challenge. I took quite unusual theme, but I think it is that more interesting.

I imagine a video game about criminals, where you start by doing small robberies and "bad" stuff for some money. Later as you level up, you will get to a high level, with crew, carefully planned robberies and a lot more.

Last edited by Koso; 03-31-2017 at 06:12 AM. Reason: adding information
Koso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017   #9
andrew-henry

Awards Showcase

Smile Berseker Looter

was racing against time here..glad to be fighting against the best of the gladiators of the forums....here is my piece

created and imaginary game for the Gnomon community every thing is described in the character map
Name:  sg0112mini4.jpg
Views: 839
Size:  355.6 KB

many thanks in advance for the Gnomon community ...you helped me grow alot in the business ...and wish someday i join your ranks..

Last edited by andrew-henry; 03-31-2017 at 15:19 PM.
andrew-henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017   #10
RyanJ

Awards Showcase

Default Root Monster

Hello! I saw this yesterday and thought it would be fun, plus if you guys have feedback I'd love to hear it.

This monster is mainly a scavenger up until it reaches its highest form, then it becomes an active carnivore. The mushrooms on its back can grow back if plucked and is the 3rd form's main source of bait.
1st Form: The poor thing unfortunately is a tasty snack for those who can catch it! It feeds on dead/rotten flesh or growths, using it's small roots to drain the nutrients out of the object. If its eye happens to catch any signs of strange movement, the thing can easily detach and flee for it's life. On occasions, these little critters can be aggressive, but this only occurs when they are nearby a larger creature from its species. The little creatures take courage in their presence and swarm the enemy. As little and cute as they are, light 'em up with fire or run!

2nd Form: At this point, the creature knows how to work the system. Where it should scavenge for tasty morsels and how to avoid most predators. Its tendrils demand for a higher amount of food to feed itself as they rush to grow into a mature fly trap, which makes this creature constantly traveling to find meals and be a bit more clumsy as its body grows faster than it can adjust. If it knows there is food nearby, it will track it down and try to hog the meal for itself. If you ever need to recycle a corpse (animal, human, or otherwise), give it to this thing. I assure you, the body will be gobbled up by the end of the night.

3rd Form: At this point the creature has become large and unable to carry itself around like it used to. Planting its roots into the ground, and waiting for prey to nibble on its mushrooms or to investigate its rosy red traps, the plant monster begins to create it's territory, and aggressively fights and eats anything that enters it. Once it is satisfied that the area is secured and it can draw a constant source of food with it's bait, it begins to grow eyes (babies). Once the child matures enough, they break themselves from the creature and go out to fend for itself, though sometimes they stick around to eat mama's scraps (the danger in that is if mama doesn't find food and gets hungry, it might eat a child or two to feed itself).

Last edited by gnomon_admin; 04-03-2017 at 13:40 PM.
RyanJ is offline   Reply With Quote