This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Image Challenge > 3D images

3D images Add your best 3D images: Maya, Max, Zbrush, etc

Old 11-01-2016   #1
The Gnomon Workshop
Admin

Visit The Gnomon Workshop's Facebook Visit The Gnomon Workshop's Twitter Visit The Gnomon Workshop's YouTube Visit The Gnomon Workshop's artstation
Default November, 2016: Space Cargo

Whether it's a dangerous alien specimen, ray guns, or good old fashioned space supplies, transportation of sensitive goods through the void of space always looks pretty cool! This month you will be tasked with coming up with your own interpretation of futuristic containers and perhaps even convey a story of what they may hold.

edit: Winners Announced!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Winners_3D_NOVEMBER2016.jpg (354.2 KB, 2468 views)

Last edited by gnomon_admin; 12-02-2016 at 15:49 PM.
The Gnomon Workshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016   #2
Moso

Smile Space Container

Attached Images
File Type: jpg AM_Conter01_MapsBreakdown.jpg (484.6 KB, 691 views)
File Type: jpg AM_Container01_Screenshots_UE4.jpg (352.9 KB, 678 views)

Last edited by Moso; 11-15-2016 at 03:10 AM. Reason: adding image links...
Moso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016   #3
Koso

Awards Showcase

Default Space Cargo

Hello, this is my entry. The idea is that it transports something valuable like Egg, seeds/plants and so on… It’s hovering and kept in perfect position by forcefield/magnets so it would not get damaged while entering the atmosphere of planets where is a lot of shaking involved. Inner circle has a railroad so the magnets can balance rotation as well. The core is made of glass and can be filled with some liquid if necessary. The whole “case” can be attached on main railroad so there can be multiple of them stuck in a row.

Hope you will like it! I did it all in Maya, but I am new user of Maya so the shaders are not perfect, first time using Arnold as well.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Koso_Cargo render - ideas.jpg (47.2 KB, 2547 views)
File Type: jpg Koso_Cargo render - 2.jpg (197.7 KB, 2540 views)
File Type: jpg Koso_Cargo render - railroad_compressed.jpg (126.1 KB, 2526 views)
Koso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016   #4
sliviz

Awards Showcase

Default Sliviz entry for the container challenge

Here is my entry

Last edited by sliviz; 11-29-2016 at 14:37 PM.
sliviz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016   #5
kambur

Awards Showcase

Default Space Cargo

Some supplies dropped by humans on another planet to help survive endangered alien spices. The environment was created in Maya and World Machine. I mainly focused on designing the cargo pod. I wanted it to be simple and practical. So I made it a sturdy cone shape that prevents it from flipping over. On top it has mechanism to open it and a parachute hook. On the bottom I added some airbags to absorb the landing. Hope you like it

For geometry render you can visit my artstation
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/n1g9E

kambur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016   #6
aallbbii

Awards Showcase

Default Space Cargo Ship

Probably i misandertood the theme of the month... so i didn't work on a containter, but on a container ship. I was ispired by 18° century's galleon and i tried put the filosophy and the estetic of that kind of ship into a cyberpunk key, C&C are welcome!

aallbbii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016   #7
Laromus

Awards Showcase

Default Energy capsules

Hey guys,

It's been a long time since my last entry, had to go through some major surgeries and now slowly recovering and thought I'd give this one a try. It's been fun making it and hopefully you like what I put together.

The background story on this render is that mankind has discovered an ancient energy being that can be harnessed for enormous amounts of energy and each one is kept in a container/capsule and delivered to various parts of the human empire to power massive structures like the one in the background. If you look closely at the first container/capsule, you can just see the outline of the ancient energy being, it for some reason likes to take on a humanoid form which scientist have yet to figure out why. During our first encounters with the being they didn't really have a form and over time developed into the humanoid one.

Thanks
Laromus

Last edited by Laromus; 11-30-2016 at 21:54 PM. Reason: added background story
Laromus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016   #8
Hugueinch

Awards Showcase

Default Container Challenge

Hi everybody here is my entry for the Space Cargo Challenge.

First time I post here, I am very excited! I decided to go with more of a lab container in which people can study alien spices and artifacts.

C&C are more than welcome!

Good luck to everybody!!

Hugueinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016   #9
ubee

NASA is coming close to sending humans to Mars. It is said the journey will begin around 2030s. For years they have sent rovers to study the Red Planet; observing through massive telescopes. With this in mind, they're creating a vessel that can withstand the harsh temperature and powerful solar winds. In times, we will have a new planet to inhabit.

Last edited by ubee; 12-01-2016 at 00:40 AM.
ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016   #10
Laromus

Awards Showcase

Default Nice ship mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by aallbbii View Post
Probably i misandertood the theme of the month... so i didn't work on a containter, but on a container ship. I was ispired by 18° century's galleon and i tried put the filosophy and the estetic of that kind of ship into a cyberpunk key, C&C are welcome!

I love the look of the ship, it reminds me of an advanced version of Lego, something you could actually fly in real life via remote control or Helmet Cam, It would make one rocking Remote control flying vehicle, especially if the weapons worked.
Laromus is offline   Reply With Quote