This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Tutorials Discussions, Tips and Guidance > General Chat / Q+A

General Chat / Q+A Post your questions regarding Subscription, tutorials, etc.

Old 02-24-2012   #1
Goeshi

Default Is Maya worth learning? Or use Max via Parallels?

I've been working in 3D for several years and have a few years solid grounding in 3DS Max for modelling, animation and visualisation. My job at the moment involves creating animations for use in medical training but I work on a Mac and Bootcamp is becoming a complete pain in the arse with having to reboot my machine 5 times a day - it's slowing my output down so i need a change.

My question is this - is it worth learning a native application like Maya now with a view to being more efficient in the future (i plan on keeping this job for a while) or should i just stick with what i know via parallels and accept the poorer performance?

Thanks in advance for any help or tips

- Goeshi
Goeshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015   #2
aakicee

Which video courses would you recommend off this site for me? Right now I am pretty open to the film and game industry. But I am not sure where to get started. I've messed around with a few tutorials over the last couple days making a train and what not.

We provide guarantee to pass learnalanguage.com - learn swedish gmat with online exam training learn a language itil and you can also get best quality rosettastone mcat along with The Polyglot Club mcat for your guaranteed success.

Last edited by aakicee; 05-14-2015 at 22:50 PM.
aakicee is offline   Reply With Quote