This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Image Challenge > 3D images

3D images Add your best 3D images: Maya, Max, Zbrush, etc

Old 03-11-2008   #11
junthi

x_istenz, you're an architect? I study my first year. Ah, those sleepless night at the studio However, we have a sort of old fashioned school and we don't use computers first year so I don't know anything about 3d yet. I think the prizes shouldn't be split between 2d and 3d work because IMO it doesn't matter how you get the job done. The result is what counts. I also think that you can get some great results combining 2d and 3d techniques. Anyway, this isn't a new discussion, it didn't lead anywhere the first time around so why would it now?

Good luck to all you 3d guys and girls!
junthi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008   #12
dyei

stop crying and put your dirty hands on maya/3dmax!! lets rock on 3d!! crying cause 2d artist pwns you is not the mentality of a real 3d artist.
dyei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008   #13
DJZ

Awards Showcase

Default Catacombs

Well, here's my entry, I may do some updates on it but I'm not sure.
This one was my 3rd attempt, it took me a little while to try and get the angle, the shape of the room and the lighting right.
Let me know what you guys think.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	small002.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	1324  

Last edited by DJZ; 03-12-2008 at 20:32 PM.
DJZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008   #14
animatrix_25

Default cheer up

wahahahaha...LOL... hey guys cheer up and don't give up. that's what also in my mind the prize must be split into two. In 3D you need to master two things while in 2D it's only one. In 3D it needs the mastery of art and also the technical side of it, and "mother of ants" it takes you forever to master the software, especially in maya. LOL...

Well as what i have observe they are not aftering how good and how great your render image is, it's more about the concept, how you deliver the message of your art.

well best wishes for you all hope your computer will crush during render. LOL...
animatrix_25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008   #15
animatrix_25

Default PS

oh before i forgot... the better your render is the lesser the chances of winning... LOL...

what's the use of the tutorial for... for those neophites who badly needs help in improving thier skills. LOL...
and I'm one of those... LOL...
animatrix_25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008   #16
texas1835

Default Catacombs

Here's my, for catacombs contest.
good luck everyone.
texas1835 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008   #17
Imhotep397

Default More time for 3D entries?

Um...Alex How difficult would it be for you guys to change the overall challenge deadline to two months? I mean, even Ballistic, added I think it was two or three weeks to most of their deadlines for books to better accommodate rendering times and the complicated multi-step process that's 3D. How about it? One month seems to be okay 2D, but I've also seen a fair number of images over there that seem like they were rushed. A Bi-Monthly contest with double the prizes, I think would be better for the 2D and 3D artists.
Imhotep397 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #18
fatalerror

main reason i haven't entered yet is the 1 month time restriction .
i will not put out rushed work .

yes there is something to be said for learning to manage time and projects to meet a deadline.
fatalerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #19
Squirrel Emperor

Awards Showcase

Time management is key for just about everything in life. I have school and work, but I try to balance it all out so that I'm able to do the things I want. If you're just being lazy about it, then it's not much of an excuse to extend the deadline. (Yes, I know 3D takes longer).

You just have to make a plan and do it. If it means not hanging out with a buddy, then so be it. Make sure priorties are first though. Manage your free time wisly.
Squirrel Emperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #20
fatalerror

Question

another option might be (if its not cheating) make models and have them sitting and waiting for the right contest. like if i had a clown char modeled all i would have to do for the personal transport contest is model a unicycle put clown on it .
and that would save the time it takes to modeling , uv , texturing, and rig the clown. ok not a good example but u get the idea.

ok off to read contest rules more carefully hahaha
fatalerror is offline   Reply With Quote