This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Image Challenge > 2D images

2D images Display your best 2D work: traditional or digital

Old 06-13-2009   #91
anereomarboke

Default Last Page

My last name is Stott, but thats the americanized form that my family adopted a century or so ago. Before that it was Stottlemeir, which is German. However, before that it was Stotshelvichnot sure if thats how it is spelled, Ive only ever heard it pronounced and my dad said it was probably Russian. What do you guys think?
anereomarboke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009   #92
istikz

Default Contest Info Read Me

How about a contest with photos of live performances?
For example: Rock concert, Dance recitals, or orchestral performances
Shooting live performances is interesting because most times you cant use a flash and have to use existing lighting.
istikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009   #93
Amonite

On deadlines, I assume they end at midnight on the last day of the month wherever we are in the world, rather than one specific timezone like London or whatnot?, as those in certain timezones effectively see the posting of the theme 'earlier in time' - in that they have an extra day to work on it on the front end, and others have an extra day on the back end.

(Like, if a theme was posted at 3:00pm on the 5th somewhere in the world, it could be 3:00am on the 6th somewhere else, and so the second person having 6 extra hours to finish their picture would make sense)

Albeit from a practical point of view, its a bit more advantageous to have extra time towards the deadline, especially since the deadline is always known but the announcement date of the theme is not. (Maybe if the theme was always announced on the first or fifth or whenever regardless of when judging was finished *hopeful* )
Amonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009   #94
Juligan22

Talking

Hi! Im new in here... so I have a question: Where exactly I have to post my image for the contest?? :O

Thanks a lot!
Juligan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009   #95
cards

nice graphics I like it very much Thanks
[B][url=http://www.bipra.com/cat-686-portabledvdplayers.aspx]Portable DVD Player[/url] || [url=http://www.bipra.com/cat-707-graphicscards.aspx]Graphic Cards[/url] || [url=http://www.bipra.com/cat-684-laptopsdesktoppcs.aspx]Buy Laptop[/url][/B]
cards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009   #96
Peancychevona

Default Contest Info Read Me

Thanks...

As soon as my questions are answered, I will be entering more into the photo contest. I have several that I dont care about the rights, just few select breath taking ones that I am concerned about.
Old 12-29-2009   #97
ThrillzillA

Hello everybody,

I wanted to enter the monthly challenge, unfortunately my posts never seem to be added to the thread. It says it's being checked by the administrator. Maybe I just have to be patient, if somebody had the same problem, how can I fix it?

And the final question; Should one post a work in progress images?

Last edited by ThrillzillA; 12-29-2009 at 02:19 AM.
ThrillzillA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010   #98
Dantes-X

Hey there

got a question as well.

Is it allowed to post something I already submited on my DeviantArt account to a contest here?

DDX
Old 03-14-2010   #99
ECTmonster

hi all

found the gnomon workshop recently, and am very excited to see so many wonderful artists. hope to soon be involved in the latest 2d challenge, this challenge looks like an awesome opportunity for artists looking for exposure (or even just something to do once a month)

[url]http://evancthomasart.blogspot.com[/url]
my art site. comments and feedback always welcome.
ECTmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010   #100
Amonite

You can post works in progress, just not in the contest thread. (Although sometimes someone will post a single work in progress post in the contest thread, when their picture is closed to being finished, and simply go back and re-edit the picture with each update until they have a final product.) There is a forum category 'works in progress'. Go out of this thread, I think it is under tutorial section. It should be fairly easy to find. You do not have to post WIPs, but they are always a nice addition if you have time, because other artists get a chance to both learn from them and offer advice. Keeping wips out of the contest thread (that is, multiple post ones), keeps the contest thread a bit more clutter free to focus on the art and comments. You can post non-contest works in progress in the work in progress forum as well, to showcase projects you are working on or ask advice in places you are stuck, etc.
There is also a portfolio forum for showcases completed works.

Contest images are posted in the appropriate contest thread. IE for 2d art, it would be in the same forum section as this thread. For 3d it would be in the 3d section. You just add your entry, based on your interpretation of that month's theme, into one of the forum posts via the insert image button. (have a url link to your image handy. Places like photobucket or deviant art or tinypic will host your art.)

Using pre-made art in the contests is to my knowledge allowed, but from what I have seen when people do this they like to brush off a piece and fine tune it/make it better, as the competition is very tough. Also, it is sometimes hard to find a premade art piece that fits the monthly theme. But it is fully allowed, and I do not think there is anything about your piece having to be exclusive to gnomon. (except that if you put a gnomon logo on it, then general liscensing rules probably apply - like I doubt anyone could turn around and try to sell any of the gnomon wallpaper being made a while back -with- the gnomon logos on them, without first taking off any logos or other trademark or copyrighted material))

There is more info on the contests and what they are about in the beginning of this thread I believe, hope it helps.
Amonite is offline   Reply With Quote