This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Image Challenge > 2D images

2D images Display your best 2D work: traditional or digital

Old 10-07-2007   #121
fulcrum919

Jink: suck up. lol.

GuyGrr: Art is not hard and and this contest has little to do with life. You do what you do and they liked it...not really that complex.

Complaining as to what the standards are or who won this contest doesn't really matter and where you placed doesn't tell you anything about your skill level since the judgement is standardless and arbitrary to some degree...

your desire to learn or be better should probably not be tied to the faceless approval of a group of people (you don't even know how many in any month) you have never met. You do what you do and lets get on with the next one...yeesh. Artspeak is sometimes too full of pontification. lol.

B
fulcrum919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #122
GuyGrr

Awards Showcase

[QUOTE=fulcrum919;5186]
GuyGrr: Art is not hard and and this contest has little to do with life. You do what you do and they liked it...not really that complex.

Fulcrum, if you don't think art is hard - then you're one of the lucky ones, I guess. And if your life isn't hard - then you're REALLY lucky. As for the contest, it just seriously affected my life. Both by providing some good news today, and by giving me the chance to learn some techniques from some seriously skilled artists tomorrow.

Anyway - I didn't chime-in earlier to gloat, and now I fear that that's the impression I gave after having just placed. That was innappropriate timing to make such a comment for sure. It was actaully meant to be more of an encouragement --- as in: "Just keep trying - that's all I did."
GuyGrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #123
fulcrum919

Seriously, relax...

My comment to you was not intended to offend you particularly but to put contests like this in perspective for the larger group...it's not life, it's not death, and oh yeah, it really doesn't matter in the grand scope of things. It's a friendly competition without hard and fast defined rules of judgement.

If the contest was encouraging to you, and a bit physically rewarding as well, good. I didn't take your comment as gloating at all...nor did my comment specifically state that it was...in fact if you read the the quote you have from me it is essentially how you ended your statement...do what you do and if the judge likes it, then congrats.

As for the how hard art is discussion, well, again that is a matter of perspective really...if it is hard for you and so is life, I hope it gets better and easier in both aspects. And thanks, yeah, I am lucky...I work really hard as well but sure a bit lucky as well.

My overarching point in the comment, and again it wasn't meant as a personal jab, is that people in other posts seem to be concerned with how or where they placed in these contests and quite frankly...who cares?...get on with the next month and keep pluggin away...I beleive that is the same ideas as you last comment. Besides that I wish you the best in life and art. See now you made me pontificate and I hate that. lol. Thanks.

B
Old 10-07-2007   #124
GuyGrr

Awards Showcase

Hahaha -
Sounds like a case of two people stating similar opinions in two different ways and misunderstanding each other. That's funny.
Damn these inflection-less typed words!

But seriously, in re-reading my first post --- it came off as preachy and was still in poor taste "timing-wise".

Sorry everyone, seriously.

[And thanks, fulcrum. Likewise for sure.]
GuyGrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #125
fulcrum919

Congrats on the win. Typing sucks. lol

B
Old 10-08-2007   #126
Jink

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulcrum919 View Post
...people in other posts seem to be concerned with how or where they placed in these contests and quite frankly...who cares?...get on with the next month and keep pluggin away...I beleive that is the same ideas as you last comment. Besides that I wish you the best in life and art. See now you made me pontificate and I hate that. lol. Thanks.

B
Right on!, now get to work on world peace!
Jink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007   #127
jnddepew

Awards Showcase

...the more we get together-together-together the more we get together the happier we'll be!...
jnddepew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #128
kraal

i just wonder if the same people complaining about who won a certain place were the samepeople that said the contest should be for someone who needs the dvd's ... can't have your cake and eat it too
kraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007   #129
sorin.bechira

pretty curious judging here....but anyway: congrats for the winners!
sorin.bechira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008   #130
ToddJ

finally got a chance to finish this piece. hope you like

Tj
ToddJ is offline   Reply With Quote