This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Image Challenge > 2D images

2D images Display your best 2D work: traditional or digital

Old 02-22-2007   #61
Slivar

A question:
Are the DVD?s coded for a special region?
(I live in Sweden and have a "region 2" dvdplayer)
Slivar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007   #62
Suirebit

Lol, first win then ask DDD

Great entries, it's gonna be a nice competition

Ricardo there are some 'low' clouds you can obviusly see are another layer over the sky one (aka not blended very well)

Last edited by Suirebit; 02-22-2007 at 05:05 AM.
Suirebit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007   #63
junthi

Zemplinski, I really like those pictures. I'll apply to an architecture school this spring and those pics are a real inspiration for me

And yeah, this contest is getting better and better each month. I'm trying to get my first matte piece together by the dead line to see if it can compete with some of these awesome paintings.
junthi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007   #64
RicardoGarces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suirebit View Post
Lol, first win then ask DDD

Great entries, it's gonna be a nice competition

Ricardo there are some 'low' clouds you can obviusly see are another layer over the sky one (aka not blended very well)
The guys that work 3D in the movies often say, "I love when people point out how badly a 3D object or scene is done, and it actually is real stuff and not digital at all".

In this case the same happens The sky is a full photo image, apart from the right side that was painted by myself ( from the tower to the right side ). There was no blending at all !!

Yet this brings out an interesting subject: "When is the representation of reality more real than reality itself?"

I believe the answer would be related to our cultural and visual knowledge. For example we accept Lord of the Rings or King Kong landscapes has real places, even with all those colors and sentimental charge.

Kind regards,

Ricardo
RicardoGarces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007   #65
sportguy182

Unhappy

Im pretty sure you guys are going to think Im dumb or something...because I should already know this..but I DONT!!!
How is it that som e people's entries are 1000x700 pix and it is still letting them upload them..Im trying to upload my picture..but I really dont want to downsize it..because it looses the charm..(haha)..but seriously..HOW???
Does anybody know..I see huge pics in the forum and I cant upload mine..
If anyone knows please help...thanks for you comprehension and patience for me the retard..
sportguy182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007   #66
Suirebit

sportguy> www.imageshack.us

Ricardo are you sure? ....One photo or not there's something wrong there...maybe we don't talk about the same area...I would encircle and upload , but I don't want to pollute the thread. Anyway, it doesn't really matter, this is a competition thread not a feedback one Good job and I'm sure youre gonna win something
Old 02-22-2007   #67
sportguy182

I rly dont know how to do this..with imageshack...by the way thanks..lets see.if it works..anyways this is a dream about a bonsai tree that was floating around in mid air...just want it to interpret it in this image for fun..matte painting about a house in the middle of nowhere in a magical place..
sportguy182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007   #68
waugh

Woooow, so many great works.
MPavel , i've already see this piece on mattepainting.org, and i have to say that i really like it, congratz.

Dyonge, not typical outpost for sure, but hey!!!! what a paniting, i totally love it, you are on my desktop

RicardoGarces, great mood on this piece, congratz : )

Originally Posted by RicardoGarces
....sometimes we spend so much time looking at a work, that we lose the perspective of what is correct and what is not...

hehehehe, i'm really to see that i'm not the only one with this probleme : briggin:

ThisIsNick, personnaly i' have an A5 intuso3, and i can't work without : )

zemplinski, i like your "old" series :clap: .... the grain add a lot on the mood, nicely done.

Congratz all, this will be a great contest.
waugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007   #69
RicardoGarces

Zemplinski: I have seen these works of yours somewhere before, but I never had the chance to say I love them. They are very clean and objective. Amazing work really.
Congratulations, very impressive.

Suirebit: I will make a tutorial on this image, then I will send you the link. Maybe together we can understand what does not sell to well on this piece. I would really like to thank you for your input. I appreciate when people are honest about my art.
RicardoGarces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007   #70
Suirebit

ok ricardo, np

Phuah, there are already more great entries than prizes This comp is getting better and better each month