This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Tutorials Discussions, Tips and Guidance > General Chat / Q+A

General Chat / Q+A Post your questions regarding Subscription, tutorials, etc.

Old 03-06-2007   #1
Arcaine

Default Noob To Gnomon

Hi Folks!

I'm new to Gnomon, just discovered this amazing resource a few weeks ago, bought a few DVD's and will undoubtedly be getting more after seeing the quality and content on them. Not a big forum person, but I imagine that's going to change.

While my work is primarily editorial cartooning and caricature work, my style is digital painting and I'm quite comfortable with Photoshop as my medium. I want to get into character design and take some stabs at matte painting as well. I make a good living as a cartoonist, so I'm not a noob to the creative working world, but I am new to concept art, character design, and matte painting, and I would love to add those to my repertoire.

One thing I've read is that one needs to get their work out there on forums, etc, in order for it to be noticed. I intend to post some on here, as well as the ImagineFX site, but to be honest, I don't know about any of the other forums in the concept art world, nor about contacting gaming companies, etc, when I do have my concept art portfolio built.

Any suggestions? Advice?

Thanks, in advance
Arcaine

P.S. Some really wonderful inspiring work on this site. I'm really looking forward to being a part of this community.
Arcaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007   #2
Daneril

hi, im also new to concept art and so on, and pretty new to drawing and painting at all. I dont know if you've been to this site already but its a great one. www.conceptart.org
Daneril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #3
Arcaine

Hi Daneril:

Thanks for the advice. I went over to conceptart.org and found a lot of good resources there.

Cheers.
Arcaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #4
Rabid Peanut

Exclamation

Very nice, love the big headed celebs