This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Tutorials Discussions, Tips and Guidance > Portfolio Review

Portfolio Review Share your work for constructive criticism from us and the community

Old 03-18-2009   #1
Kerem

Talking Temple Scene For David Arkenstone Video

Software Used: Alias Maya 6.5 | Software Render

Hello friends,

This is my first post here. Temple scene modeled & rendered for David Arkenstone's Temple Of Isis video. Mix of polygonal and Nurbs modeling. Textures prepared by me. There was a lot of work to do in short time and it have to be rendered on 4500 pixels - that's why it was impossible render it on Mental Ray because scene was too heavy for my computers. I got a lot of "Not Enough Memory" messages. For solving this I started to add lights - a lot of fill lights with highest decay rate and some key lights also orange bright lights for torches. Flames of torches painted with Paint FX. For a long time I wanted to work on a night scene - my very first attempt was Temple Of Vaal - and when David asked for a temple in the night I thought it's a great opportunity to try my best on it.

We named it Temple Of Isis because of the title of the song but the temple is not the exact model of the real one. I used a lot of my imagination.

more info here - http://www.keremgogus.com/myths_isis.html
watch video here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbqfTo8zFCM

Last edited by Kerem; 03-18-2009 at 07:29 AM. Reason: image link fixed
Kerem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009   #2
Talonzz

Awards Showcase

Kerem,
I wish I could see it... The colors in the thumbnail look so rich... But there is something wrong with the thumbnail/image... it doesn't get any bigger when you click on it.
Old 03-18-2009   #3
Kerem

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talonzz View Post
Kerem,
I wish I could see it... The colors in the thumbnail look so rich... But there is something wrong with the thumbnail/image... it doesn't get any bigger when you click on it.
I appreciate for the warning - and sorry about it. When image hosting service gave me the link with thumb I thought it would work
Kerem is offline   Reply With Quote