This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Image Challenge > 2D images

2D images Display your best 2D work: traditional or digital

Old 09-04-2006   #21
haydn104

Default Questions

Hi,

I have a question regarding material. Should the work be completely original or can it be a rendering of an existing character such as a comic book character? Forgive me if I didn't understand your answer to a previous question, are the 2d entries competing against the 3d?

Thank you
haydn104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006   #22
3Duser

Can I enter this 2d section even if I am not a gnomon customer?

Or do I have to be a gnomon customer?
3Duser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006   #23
A.Alvarez
Senor Alex

haydn104: There are four winners total... In other words, all four winners could be 2D, or two winners from 2D and two winners from 3D, etc. Regarding the images, it is best for them to be original work.

3Duser: This contest is open to anyone.

-Alex
personal site: www.alexalvarez.com
follow me on twitter
A.Alvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006   #24
nissta

hi all

great idea with the contest! im very new to using tablet and all but i will try to join and see if i can hopefully win a few dvds.

so. do i just post the image here or?

thanks!
nissta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006   #25
Rafael Rivera

Default Car sketch

Here's a car inspired by Scott Robinson and Harold Belker.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	car-sketch.jpg
Views:	945
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	36  
Rafael Rivera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006   #26
Sam Ellis

This is a fantastic contest, and the art work others are posting are truly amazing.

Last edited by Sam Ellis; 09-07-2006 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Wrong section for posting art.
Sam Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006   #27
celiksert

Thumbs down I don't think so

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordecaidesign
Well, we're talking about the DVD's and autodidactics who search for knowlege, not the Gnomon school itself.

And if you can show me one good pay tutorial site or even a number of tutorials on pay sites that has all the info that's just in one Gnomon DVD, I'll paypal you the money to buy a month's membership, or enough to buy some tutorials.

This caliber of info isn't on the internet. If it was, The Gnomon Workshop wouldn't be in business, and doing as good as they are.
***Gnomon is not "only a 3d visual effects" school. I'm Studying interior& environmental design for 4 years and I learnt more than the 4 years' experience from Scott Robertson's 2 DVDs. These ppl don't only teach the usage of programs or designing they give u SOUL !!
celiksert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006   #28
mordecaidesign

Default Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by celiksert
***Gnomon is not "only a 3d visual effects" school. I'm Studying interior& environmental design for 4 years and I learnt more than the 4 years' experience from Scott Robertson's 2 DVDs. These ppl don't only teach the usage of programs or designing they give u SOUL !!
Yes. I am going to buy Scott Robertson's DVD's as well.

"The Techniques of Feng Zhu Volume 3: The Fundamentals of Shot Design for Environments" is a DVD has Painter listed as the "program used". If I was only looking for computer application tutalage, I wouldn't buy this DVD because I use Photoshop. But since I know that all of Gnomon's DVD go far beyond the "click here do that", I am going to buy this DVD to further my dream of matte painting and concept art.

Online tutorials give you an understanding of "how" but typically not "why". All of the DVD's I've purchased have explained methodology and concept.

Methods and concepts can be applied to other trades. I certainly have applied what I've learned from my DVD's to help out my day-job as a web-designer.
mordecaidesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006   #29
celiksert

Thumbs up yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordecaidesign
Yes. I am going to buy Scott Robertson's DVD's as well.

"The Techniques of Feng Zhu Volume 3: The Fundamentals of Shot Design for Environments" is a DVD has Painter listed as the "program used". If I was only looking for computer application tutalage, I wouldn't buy this DVD because I use Photoshop. But since I know that all of Gnomon's DVD go far beyond the "click here do that", I am going to buy this DVD to further my dream of matte painting and concept art.

Online tutorials give you an understanding of "how" but typically not "why". All of the DVD's I've purchased have explained methodology and concept.

Methods and concepts can be applied to other trades. I certainly have applied what I've learned from my DVD's to help out my day-job as a web-designer.
yeah absolutely right
celiksert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #30
Grabbel

Default Question

Hello,

I?m new hear.
Can some one help me please?
I don?t now how to display my Image only attache!

Thanks

Christian
Grabbel is offline   Reply With Quote