This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Tutorials Discussions, Tips and Guidance > General Chat / Q+A

General Chat / Q+A Post your questions regarding Subscription, tutorials, etc.

Old 06-01-2008   #1
dyei

Default hi, how can import video in maya as material?

hi, i was having some trouble importing video or image sequences as shader material in maya. anyone could tell whats the procedure to do this?? i was doing exactly what maya help says but, i cant get this done. i get some weird error like: "file x can not be found". when im doing all right. and my path to the file is right...

anyone could tellme the apropiate procedure to load image sequences or video as texture in any shader?
dyei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008   #2
artist_cg

Default ok man

hi , i noticed your message and i think i have part of the solution , and to insert video in maya , i would get the movie into aftereffects first , then export image sequence out of it , then i would go back into maya and import the image sequence , but for the sound i don't know how to import it , but thats for the movie image , btw make sure to use for the frame sequence this format (frame.00001.ext) , use dots in between , thats it , so hope that was helpful , good luck
artist_cg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008   #3
BadG3r

you could use instead of the file node the movie node. the movie node is capable of implementing video. but be aware that u have to turn on Use Image Sequence in the movie node.

Audio could be imported via import.
BadG3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008   #4
Demen

From what i know, in its most basic terms maya deals with all image files by treating them as .iff files, which is the native maya image extension, ive had no problems importing a .iff sequence and have done it on many occasions, you can covert your images to .iff files by using fcheck and saving out the animation. and to import sound if my memory serves me correctly just right click on the timeline and then click sound or import sound or something like that,

hope it helps.
Demen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010   #5
maximus747

Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by artist_cg View Post
hi , i noticed your message and i think i have part of the solution , and to insert video in maya , i would get the movie into aftereffects first , then export image sequence out of it , then i would go back into maya and import the image sequence , but for the sound i don't know how to import it , but thats for the movie image , btw make sure to use for the frame sequence this format (frame.00001.ext) , use dots in between , thats it , so hope that was helpful , good luck
I know this thread is old, but Its really help me. I change the format as you say and Its really work. Thanks.
maximus747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016   #6
anmol77

was having some trouble importing video or image sequences as shader material in maya. anyone could tell whats the procedure to do this??????

Last edited by anmol77; 05-19-2016 at 22:40 PM.
anmol77 is offline   Reply With Quote