This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Free Tutorials Discussions, Tips and Guidance > General Chat / Q+A

General Chat / Q+A Post your questions regarding DVDs, tutorials, etc.

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2012   #1
mikedunnam

Visit mikedunnam's YouTube Visit mikedunnam's LinkedIn
Default Free Custom Zbrush Brushes

Hello all! I would like to introduce my free very extensive set of Zbrush Brushes. They have been a huge hit thusfar and I would like to extend the userbase to The Gnomon Workshop! I hope you enjoy!

-Michael Dunnam

mikedunnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012   #2
mikedunnam

Default Possible 100% fix for Missing Alphas...

Ok so here is what I know. Apparently Z4R3 is compatible with 2048px alphas. Which a lot of the brushes are using.

So far this has worked 100% of the time from what people have told me. Upgrade to R3, if that doesn't work. Uninstall and upgrade again.

Another issue. The lag issue. I might at some point... Downres all of the alphas to 512 so they are backwards compat with all versions of Zbrush back to 3. This will take a lot of time to do, b/c I have to downsample each alpha, reimport and resave each brush. Then reupload to the site and repackage etc etc. I have tested it and I believe it fixes the lag issue as well as the back-compat issue.

If I do this I will package all of my alphas in 2048 to give away in a separate package.

I am going to do some more testing before I go through all of this trouble. So if anyone else could test upgrading to R3 if you are having alpha issues and post. This would help me very much. Remember I am doing this for the good of the community. I expect nothing in return. So a little help would go a long way

Thanks!

-Michael
Old 04-10-2012   #3
mikedunnam

Default New packaging with Alphas included!!!

Update! I have packaged each Brush individually with the highest resolution alpha that was made to create the brush as well as the icon. Just click on the icons and download the brushes again if you want them individual. Each one is RAR'd. The Packages have also been updated to include all of these RARs. This took a ton of time. So please be kind and enjoy!

I will eventually include an alpha only package for those that just want the alphas!

I will create some new brushes soon!

As always, Enjoy!

Michael
Old 04-13-2012   #4
mikedunnam

Default New Brush Set Available!

I created a small set just for fun.

Let me know what you think. Some of the settings for the fabric might need to be played with a little to get the desired results. They work fairly well with a wacom. I used a few pen pressure settings. Adjust what ya need

As always!
Enjoy!

-Michael
Old 04-16-2012   #5
JoeBaker75

Thanks for sharing some of those look Great
JoeBaker75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012   #6
mikedunnam

Default Update! New Brushes Coming Soon!

I am in the process of making more clothing brushes. I will be making several new stitch brushes upon request If anyone needs anything clothing wise, such as a specific stitch (each stitch will be originally vector to get very high resolution images), type of fabric, or anything, let me know. This set might take quite a while to make. So keep an eye out!

And thank you very much everyone for your continuing support.

Also I will be starting my blog soon. You might have noticed I added a blog and tutorials section to my site. So those will be up soon.

And lastly; I would like to thank Phil Nolan - Modeler / Animator
www.philnolan3d.com. He has generously taken the liberty of converting them to 9 .PenPack files for use in 3D-Coat. So he sent them to me. Run over to the site and grab them if you would like. There is also a thread to follow on there as well.

Thanks again Phil!

And everyone else, keep an eye out for updates asap!

-Michael
Old 04-30-2012   #7
mikedunnam

Default New Brushes Available! Mech Insert Brushes!

New Set of Brushes are now available! I have created some long awaited Mech Insert Brushes! Sorry these took quite a while to create. I am still in the process of making the stitch brushes. I just ran into a snag along the way. Stop on by and grab these new brushes. They work fantastic as additive or subtractive brushes. I hope everyone enjoys these new brushes. Leave some feedback on my blog or one of the forums posted! And please follow me on twitter or my blog so you know when I post new brushes.

Enjoy!
-Michael
Old 05-03-2012   #8
crumpy

Awards Showcase
The Gnomon Workshop Contest Winner 
Total Awards: 1

Wowsers! Just found this thread. There are a lot of useful brushes in here. Thanks for taking the time to put them together for the community. Good stuff. I bookmarked your site and will be downloading some.
crumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012   #9
mikedunnam

Sorry for the delay. I am currently working on a complimentary set for the Mech Brushes! Coming soon!
Old 05-16-2012   #10
mikedunnam

Default New Set! Alphas Only!

Here is my new set. Sorry alphas only this time. I had problems getting the stitches to work like the zipper brushes. If anyone would like to give it a try and send them back if you get them working correctly, that would be awesome. I would give full credit of course!

Hope everyone enjoys!

-Michael