This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Free Tutorials Discussions, Tips and Guidance > Portfolio Review

Portfolio Review Share your work for constructive criticism from us and the community

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2012   #1
jibadajaba

Default Reel WIP constructive criticism needed

Please give me your opinion and constructive criticism (no insults required) for my Reel WIP. What's good, what's not, what should be tweeked and in what way, timing and flow etc. Thank you for your time and comments.

http://vimeo.com/34802565
jibadajaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012   #2
s.blazek

WOW, this is some good stuff! The one of David and Goliath could use a little work, I am sure you know this. But, man, your robot, photo realistic modeling, and creature design: fantastic in my book! I am only an amateur so I cannot offer much CC, sorry. But, real good stuff. Keep it up!

If you don't mind me asking, where did you learn to model?
s.blazek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012   #3
jibadajaba

LOL bro, you read my mind about the David and Goliath bit. I've actually been working on another project to swap out with this one. I received another comment in regard to the timing of the music. So I'll rework that as well. Just know I really appreciate the comments as they give me some ideas on what to work on and make the reel better.

In regard to modeling, I can't completely point to one source...but the primary source has been here at the Gnomon website. I have a subscription so I've watched a variety of trainings. Also, the creature development master class is the single best piece of training that I have purchased on this site or any other. Prior to this I was stuck in a few areas, but the class filled in the gaps that I had. That set is pretty awesome. You learn an entire pipeline from start to finish...well worth the investment.
jibadajaba is offline   Reply With Quote