This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Image Challenge > 3D images

3D images Add your best 3D images: Maya, Max, Zbrush, etc

Old 01-30-2012   #11
JackofBlades

Awards Showcase

Thanks for the compliments
JackofBlades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012   #12
Cesarin

Awards Showcase

hello everyone my idea on this image is to present the different battering ram that i found in my investigation about the theme of this month.

Good Luck

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	batteringram_actualizada.jpg
Views:	622
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	7031  
Cesarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012   #13
angeloe16

Awards Showcase

Default my post

This is my postulation for this month, Hope you like it, the batlering ram

I worked hard in this image

Last edited by angeloe16; 01-30-2012 at 19:24 PM.
angeloe16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012   #14
wickedsunny

Awards Showcase

Default Zombie Ram

Alex this one based on your theme idea. I tried to learn from my past mistakes, made sure everything done in 3D. No post effects, No logos or Trademarks of any kind on the image. Made sure drink cup is named as a- cola instead of coke and exter Tshirt instead of Dexter.

Its 21st century they will obviously not find a medieval battering Ram, but have to improvise and use something easily available, like bus or a truck. Thought of using a crane with huge iron ball, but that would make it a catapult and not ram.

Hope you like the whole concept.

January 27, 2014 Los Angeles, California. There has been a weird zombie attack on the outskirts of the city. A bunch of infected zombies allegedly drove a bus as a battering ram into a secure barricade, astonishing the scientific community, which claims that zombies do not have intellect. The security officer at the barricade who went to fetch a drink while the incident occurred, retorted " Zombie attack in broad daylight, who could have imagined that? "

In last one year after the RAGE Virus outbreak, infecting 60% of the human population and initiating the modern era's Apocalypse, this the second time these half human creatures have shown unique adjustment. There were sightings of Zombies during dawn and dusk and now this attack proves they are capable of enduring direct sunlight. US President "Terminator" Arnold Schwarzenegger said " This unique mannerism of Zombies is alarming and we need to take some immediate steps to prevent future attacks". He however refused to comment on the questions regarding any potential usage of nuclear weapons on the high density infected regions.

All the mock ups and work flow screenshots on my site

http://www.wickedsunny.com/2012/01/zombie-ram.html

[url]www.wickedsunny.com[/url]
wickedsunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012   #15
ahmedrassmy

Awards Showcase

hello every one this is my entry for this month

ahmedrassmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012   #16
Sheeela_Shell

Awards Showcase

Default Coal Powered Battering Ram

Coal powered battering ram - Steam-punk style (or at least that was what I was aiming for)
Dual rams on offset draw-back mechanisms.
"Walking" treads on separate gears to ram mechanism
I tried to get a technical as I could without wasting too much time so I hope it's not too laughable >_<

Sheeela_Shell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012   #17
since1986

Post Battering ram.. kinda..

[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

I wanted to do a medieval two headed battering ram for a mad king. Depending on which head gave the final blow to the stronghold all the inhabitants would either get killed or they wouldn't be harmed as long as they didn't resist (dragon head equaled death, the kings head equaled life). What they didn't know was that the ram was rigged so the kings head would always give the last blow. The inhabitants would be relieved and most of the time they would surrender without a fight.

Somehow got lost along the modelling process... it kinda became a battering robot ram, not really from the middle ages unless aliens visited them... When i saw today the other work i realized my mistake. I'll try harder next time and stay on topic.
since1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012   #18
ravioli_rancher

Awards Showcase

Default Ziggurat Hatchling -- The Living Battering Ram From Xibalba

My muse demanded a more fantasy oriented battering ram. Wanted to go more Mesoamerican than Medieval Europe to appease the Mayan Calendar:

Backstory:

Ziggurat Hatchlings revel in punching holes through solid objects, laughing hysterically with every perforation. Their thick shells are comparable in hardness to diamonds, and their tripod claws turn everything they touch into the consistency of dry rot. They also wield spinal whips at the tip of their claws, which they use to sweep aside any defensive measures. These living battering rams feed on large chunks of rubble and anything they find buried beneath. They gather near the exit portal from the Mayan underworld, buried deep beneath an overgrown Ziggurat, pounding furiously at the walls.

Beautiful work everyone. Thanks for looking.

http://forums.thegnomonworkshop.com/...attach/jpg.gif
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ZigguratHatching002.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	165.0 KB
ID:	7038  

Last edited by ravioli_rancher; 01-31-2012 at 23:55 PM.
ravioli_rancher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012   #19
MattVG

Awards Showcase

Default Battering Ram - Troublemakers

Here's my entry. Struggled with the still unfamiliar renderer, but, though it's not quite what I wanted, it turned out ok (I think). I'm a bit late posting but that's due to my rendering struggles (instancing is key when you have 500 ants).

Battering Ram - Troublemakers:
MattVG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012   #20
ravioli_rancher

Awards Showcase

MattVG,

AMAZING entry! Brilliant concept and winning execution. Congrats.
ravioli_rancher is offline   Reply With Quote